Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp Classic CO2 Rifle

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    the gr-75 is one i'd like to get
    similar mech to the Gamo g1200 ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Interesting never knew Sharps made a CO2? And Kentucky one State away from me not fair! Lol. How does it compare to a Crosman 160?

They are about in the UK. I have it on good authority that Alam Hamer of Manchester Airguns was a bit of a Sharp fan ad brought small batches of different models of Sharp into the UK. Amongst these were, I was told twelve, which were sent to Gerald Cardew for conversion to work on compressed air because anything working on CO2 regardless of ME was subject to FAC at the time. That way they could be sold without being on FAC at the time

This sold in the US this week:

Ped

A real pain to work on,

Cheers, Lawrie.

i did think it might be Lawrie
    i imagine it'll be like a crosman 622

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    This sold in the US this week:

]
    Hi Steve, I saw that 380 and had to refrain myself from bidding lol. With the UD-II, I picked two Taiyo Juki's up, from the States as well.
    Will post something about them, they are nice little guns.

My first impressions of the UD-II are: wow.
    I think Lawrie and Mark will agree.
    It is very well made. The fit and finish are superb. I also like the cocking system: you push a button on the right side, and slide the bolt backwards. Push it forward to cock the gun, and to push the pellet in the chamber.
    The 160 has a completely different feel. A great gun too, but less refined.
    The Sharp has grooves for mounting a scope by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    They are about in the UK. I have it on good authority that Alam Hamer of Manchester Airguns was a bit of a Sharp fan ad brought small batches of different models of Sharp into the UK. Amongst these were, I was told twelve, which were sent to Gerald Cardew for conversion to work on compressed air because anything working on CO2 regardless of ME was subject to FAC at the time. That way they could be sold without being on FAC at the time
    This is true, I was a MAG customer from July 1977 when they opened even though I was still a teenager.

I saw and held one of these - 5 shot linear magazine like the Steyr and in .20 calibre which was really exotic in those days and when I met Gerald with Alan and Graham at MAG it was like meeting GOD !!!

i did think it might be Lawrie
    i imagine it'll be like a crosman 622
    Ped,

The 622 is relatively simple when comparing it to the GR 75, I resealed a couple of the GR 75s quite a few years ago, and promised myself never again.

Cheers, Lawrie.

I have have never seen a Sharps CO2 for sale in the US, must be like hen’s teeth? This one looks like the top of the line! Bucket list!

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Hi Steve, I saw that 380 and had to refrain myself from bidding lol. With the UD-II, I picked two Taiyo Juki's up, from the States as well.
    Will post something about them, they are nice little guns.

My first impressions of the UD-II are: wow.
    I think Lawrie and Mark will agree.
    It is very well made. The fit and finish are superb. I also like the cocking system: you push a button on the right side, and slide the bolt backwards. Push it forward to cock the gun, and to push the pellet in the chamber.
    The 160 has a completely different feel. A great gun too, but less refined.
    The Sharp has grooves for mounting a scope by the way.

Louis,

If you ever need to reseal the UD 11, be aware that there is a screw hidden away under the hammer cocking catch that you need to remove to allow you to disassemble the rifle, (it’s not shown on the exploded diagram), they are quite easy to work on though.

Cheers, Lawrie

I have have never seen a Sharps CO2 for sale in the US, must be like hen’s teeth? This one looks like the top of the line! Bucket list!
    This U-SL is the gun I have been dreaming of for a long time. After more than a year of waiting, it should reach me within a week or three. From Japan, via New Zealand, to Schiphol Airport lol.
    NOS, I think it was made in the eighties or nineties.

Sharp in the USA

I traded a GR75 and around 50 pots of .20 ammo to the late Myron Kasok.Also sent a UDII at one time.My side of the deal were a couple of Crosman 451 pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I bought one of the 12 GR75 models that MAG had converted by GC. Mine came with the original end cap in the box, so I used it as intended. The GC conversion just consisted of a brass end cap for a pcp hose. It was a nice weighty rifle - however once I had used the small quantity of .20cal ammo that came with the rifle I could not find any .20cal ammo that would work reliably in the in line plastic mags. It was a very frustrating ownership experience and I enjoyed the Cr622 so much more. I sold the GR75 at Bisley one year. I wonder if it is all still together.