Thank you, both, for your detailed replies, which have cleared up some of the questions and confusion I had. To the consumer, it is baffling when confronted with so many different models.

Dave, you mentioned the EMS, of which I had not heard and I quickly googled it to find this interesting video clip from a trade show in USA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYrkIOdD2wk Alas, we do not know where this is made.

Presumably, Geezer, the 36 and 38 were simply deluxe versions of the 34, with no difference to the internals.

Since owning an Original 45 from new, I have a soft spot for Original/Diana. I bought, a year or two ago, an early Diana 280 from this site. It is light, accurate, well made and the trigger is good. It operates best with Superdomes.

It would be detrimental to the German airgun industry if Diana packed up or sub-contracted to China. Weirhauch would probably raise its prices without a German competitor to keep it focused. It would be interesting to know what models Diana is now manufacturing in China and whether any of the range is still built in Germany.

Is there any means by which one can tell the type of trigger? Is it marked or is this something only an expert can determine?

Rgds
A