Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
You can use pretty much any accurate gun, a lot of it will come down to the whole package and the way it's set up and used - and don't forget the pellets

I have several I use and do pretty well with all of them: LG400/TM1000/Red Wolf. Other top offerings include: FWB800/Annie9015/SteyrLG110/anything from Thomas

Just remember - tiny gains in several areas end up increasing your score overall
Absolutely. I have an FX Dreamline that I use for work, it's brilliant and well worth the almost £2,000 that I spent on the setup. But my best benchrest gun is an old MK2 AA S200 with a fixed 10x MTC Viper on top. I have a later S200 with a 35x Premier Leupold scope, a Rapid and a regulated Hatsan that I customised specifically for benchrest. But that old S200 is just better. The only down side is the low shot count. I am totally confident in that gun and I know that when it misses, it is my fault. I have owned that gun for over ten years now. Unfortunately, it turns out I am crap at benchrest shooting.