I suspect you will find new prices in shops when the lockdown releases due to the Brexit effect. Some things are struggling to get into the country due to the excuses of paperwork and some arbitrary quota. SWS for example stopped shipping to the UK way back in November due to reaching a quota, and my order was cancelled last week from Switzerland due to paperwork problems at the border with transporters not even bothering to try. I expect a plus 10% price increase as retailers take precautionary measures.

Shops are not going to do you any favours. When the manufacturers up the price, the importers adds their percentage, and so will the retailers. You'll pay the extra (even on the credit card or on 0% finance) if you really want it. There has been a pent up demand since last year and very little had been px'd at the shops.

I suspect secondhand stuff will be sought after to satisfy those with an itch to try something different this season. Prices will go up as they change hands quicker.

I also suspect the cheap (budget) or the specials (collectables or premium) will be in demand the most.