Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The unknown histories of vintage scopes

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Sorting through my airgun bumf - looking for something else - I came across this which may be of some interest.

It took less time in posting 30+ years ago than it does now.
    The letter was dated 25th Tokyo and the received stamp is 29th Birmingham.

Some more Japanese vintage scopes.
    Lancia?

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Somewher i have one of the Kassnar scopes with the TV view lens, I believe (could be wrong) that they did this by simply putting a mask inside the tube actually decreasing the amount of light that could go through it!
    Its one with the red led at the centre of the cross hairs. Will have to dig it out & see if its any good!

I have a few Kassnar scopes Inc Beta3s.... My favourite is the weird 4x40pa they did with bdc turrets and a graduated reticule, this dates from way before they became popular....
    I also have an Airlogic 4_18x44 scope with 30mm tube these were rebranded Hakko scopes, but like a fool I sold my previous 4x40 with illuminated reticle, another very inventive early scope, the reticule was illuminated by a screw in dome on the rear ocular Bell..... Kassnar also did a version of this too....
    I did put a wanted ad out for the Airlogic and a Kassnar 6x18x40 pa scope I would love to be reunited with either!!