Thread: On the scrounge.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

On the scrounge.

Hi all,

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have a spare trigger spring that sits between the trigger blade and bottom sear in the pseudo trigger for a BSA Mercury or Airsporter S, also fitted to the Challenger and later RB2.

Happy to pay for it and postage.

Thanks for looking.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Is it the simple coil spring between plastic blade and sear?

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Is it the simple coil spring between plastic blade and sear?
    Yes mate, the 'S' versions had the fake two stage trigger, I still have the spring but it got crushed some how, I've measured it and it's 10mm long and 3mm OD and the wire thickness is 0.6mm, it just returns the trigger blade once you've taken the slack up on the first stage.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

May not work but: if you look around the house you may find one: soap dispenser bottles in kitchen/bathroom, biros, pens that take a refill like Parker. Old door locks.
    But some of these may be too thin wire.
    A search for 'compression springs' on 'that site' may help.
    Or if you are inventive/handy get some piano wire and wind your own ... plenty of guides via google and you can do it with very few tools.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    May not work but: if you look around the house you may find one: soap dispenser bottles in kitchen/bathroom, biros, pens that take a refill like Parker. Old door locks.
    But some of these may be too thin wire.
    A search for 'compression springs' on 'that site' may help.
    Or if you are inventive/handy get some piano wire and wind your own ... plenty of guides via google and you can do it with very few tools.
    Cheers, Phil
    I did think about those sort of things, pen springs are far too big, I'll try the soap dispenser, just thrown one in the recycling bin actually.

Pete

Looking tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Looking tomorrow.
    Many thanks, the usual suppliers don't have any at the moment, I've found some that might do the job on fleabay but they are not exact but the proper one would obviously be better.

Pete

If it’s the same spring as what the Superstar/Goldstar etc. used in their “fake” 2-stage triggers(?) then Chambers have those in stock. No CS166. I bought one recently as I had a mangled one too. From memory it’s longer than 10mm though, possibly 12-15mm.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    If it’s the same spring as what the Superstar/Goldstar etc. used in their “fake” 2-stage triggers(?) then Chambers have those in stock. No CS166. I bought one recently as I had a mangled one too. From memory it’s longer than 10mm though, possibly 12-15mm.

Cheers
    Greg
    No Greg, it's CS156 unfortunately but thanks for letting me know anyway.

Pete

Is this the one?

On the 'bay.

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Another place to look, if you have one laying around, is inside a padlock. There are usually several in the mechanism putting the pressure on the pins/bearings.

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Managed to get at my 'spring box' this morning.
    Might work for you: I have 4mm od x approx 0.6mm wire and 3.16 od x approx 0.53 wire. Each 30/32mm long.

If you still need a spring and think one of these would do (you cut to length) then pm me your address and I will pop them in the post foc.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Managed to get at my 'spring box' this morning.
    Might work for you: I have 4mm od x approx 0.6mm wire and 3.16 od x approx 0.53 wire. Each 30/32mm long.

If you still need a spring and think one of these would do (you cut to length) then pm me your address and I will pop them in the post foc.

Cheers, Phil
    Thank you Phil, that's very kind mate, I've just had a spring delivered which hopefully will do the job, hopefully I can fit it soon and see what happens, if they don't work I'll give you a shout.

Once again many thanks.

Pete

No problem at all Pete ... only sorry I couldn't find them sooner: that's what I get for not having much space to work in.
    If you need them, they are here.
    Cheers, Phil

Well I managed to fit the new spring I received today and finally after wrestling to get everything back together, it all works fine, so if anyone is searching for info on these springs, the item number on the bay of evil is 274640690239.

Pete