Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
Wow that is starnge if you check the spares sight it is clearly a bolt in the Mk3 and also if you check pictures on the web it is clearly a bolt , all i can guess then is your must be a very very early mk3 but i have never seen a mk3 with a pin

I would also like to know chambers and knibbs bpoth say a Mk4 but i can only find m1 mk2 mk3 then mercury s then the challenger list as the mercury rifles no mk4

here is the link to the chambers diagram they show a bolt and nut as the barrel axis , they list a pin but not for the mk3

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisp...=24695&Search=

this might also help off a web search for the bsa mercury

Differences between versions
Changes between Mks are far from straightforward as BSA would use up parts on newer rifles, they all had beech stock and the internals are similar.

Mk1 - Steel, single-stage trigger, single-piece cocking arm and a blued finish - serial number prefix WA 0.177/ZA 0.22 [1]
Mk2 - Plastic, single-stage trigger,single-piece cocking arm black painted finish - serial number prefix WB 0.177/ZB 0.22
Mk3 - Two-stage trigger, 2-piece articulated cocking arm and a blued finish - serial number prefix WC 0.177/ZC 0.22

no listing of there ever being a Mk4
Definitely a blued finish