Thread: Valuation please, AA Pro Elite with walnut stock

Valuation please, AA Pro Elite with walnut stock

Hello, could some learned member assist please with a valuation on this rifle? I have tried a general search but prices seem to have become rather mercurial since the pandemic hit.... details are as follows:

Air Arms Pro Elite .22 .The action sits in a custom thumb hole stock beautifully made with grade 3 premium walnut, the graining in the stock is awesome, the pictures do not do it justice. This rifle comes with a period badged Simmons white tail classic scope, 3-9x40 mag and 1 piece mount. It has fitted a period embossed RWS Cobra quality leather sling which is double lined with suede for comfort. The condition is totally unmarked, the bluing is rich and deep which is a trade mark of Air Arms manufacturing at its very best back in the day.
    The rifle also cocks and shoots very sweet, no dreaded twang and a quick firing cycle.
    Original beech stock is also available.

Any assistance gratefully appreciated

https://ibb.co/34Jhrc5
    https://ibb.co/3Yzxmnq

The standard Pro /elite in very good condition in beech can go for £350+ to near £450 that I seen up for sale.
    I am not a fan of the thumb hole stock, but your one looks very nice. Not sure how much it would add to the rifle in question.
    Les

Gorgeous looking rifle. Surely worth £500+ to someone?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

AA Pro Elite

Thanks for the input guys, appreciated....

Pro Elite

Drop the action in the std stock and sell the custom one separate. I've seen nice pro elites go for £600..Custom stock £200 plus. Mach 1.5

These are in no way only worth 350 quid! Maybe a Pro Sport but not the rarer Elite.
    As above, I’d have thought 750 ish for the whole lot, but likely more easily sold as suggested by Mach in original form then CS separately.
    That should fly off your hands with a decent advert.
    Good luck with the sale, once you’ve thought long and hard about letting it go!

Agree with the higher end valuations. Mach is probably right about sell the CS700 separately, but I’m not completely sure. It’s a bloody attractive and very rare package together…

Quote Originally Posted by MeHadger View Post
    These are in no way only worth 350 quid! Maybe a Pro Sport but not the rarer Elite.
    As above, I’d have thought 750 ish for the whole lot, but likely more easily sold as suggested by Mach in original form then CS separately.
    That should fly off your hands with a decent advert.
    Good luck with the sale, once you’ve thought long and hard about letting it go!
    I admit £350 was a low estimate,the P/e’s which have sold in the last 12 months have attained much higher prices.
    £350 would have been about right a few years ago for a ok condition gun.
    I have a couple myself and they would be last to go in my collection.
    Les..

£600-£700 pro elites go for. Higher if sleeved. £350 would have been about right 10+yrs ago but not now. £350 might get you a munter these days.

Gun with standard stock £600, walnut stock £300 on its own
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

P/elite

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Gun with standard stock £600, walnut stock £300 on its own
    Truly amazed, from £350 to circa £900 in just several valuations! just shows to me how unpredictable and subjective the market is for this type of air gun. Could I just thank you all for your advice, will need to give it some thought before I commit to a price that's right for what it is....

Wow. That is gorgeous. Almost makes me want to learn to shoot right handed.

The wood on that stock is fab. It it is either only £350 I will take 3 please

If you do decide to sell and aren't in a hurry I wouldn't accept anything less than £750-800 for the rifle in the thumbhole stock with scope and sling. Then sell the standard stock separately.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)