Thread: RO71 / RO72 Sights

RO71 / RO72 Sights

I'm on the scrounge!

I'd like to try an experiment. Most Panthers that I have shot tend to shoot high and although the pistols come with the classic target style 'Globe' sights, much of the sight picture is lost as the element sits too high in the globe to be of much use. I want to see if cutting the top part of the globe off helps with sight acquisition but I do not want to damage one of my boxed examples.

Hence this post. Does anyone have an old beat up front sight block and white plastic securing screw for sale or even a broken old Panther with a complete foresight they would be prepared to sell me?

I am also looking for a working rearsight as one of my pistols has a broken rearsight, such is Panther quality!

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Hi John,
    I have a RO72 front sight assembly you can have - I don't think it has much value but I will pm you later this morning when I get back in.
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    Hi John,
    I have a RO72 front sight assembly you can have - I don't think it has much value but I will pm you later this morning when I get back in.
    Aubrey
    That is very kind of you Aubrey.

Naturally I'll cover postage costs.

It will be interesting to see if my theory works and improves the sight picture.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.