Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tyroleon vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    They don't come up for sale very often.
    I would say that they are quite rare, well done on getting your self a nice example.
    I do love anything with a Tyrolene stock on board.
    Photos please .
    Les..
    Am with you on this one love the look of any thing with a Tyroleon stock

I did see a vulcan with a Tyroleon stock many years ago thing that one was a venom one very nice

I suspect less than a dozen exist if not three or four. Done to test feasibility and costs for the American market?? The deluxe walnut stock was done in numbers and very nice they are too. Sadly doesn't make the trigger or action any better.
    I would put a very high premium on this example, as Webley has a huge following. I actually put a premium on Vulcan MK1s in exceptional condition as so few survive from heavy use. Though the Vulcan Deluxe are also rare, and when found often in better condition, they still don't compete with "better" two a penny rifles like the FWB Sport or HW35E. Vulcan MK11s are about in numbers and often overpriced in shops. Omegas just reasonably priced.
    I decided not to collect, but I suggest budding collectors to grab any that are in exceptional condition. Condition for 80s rifles and scopes is everything if for keeping.
    Last edited by Muskett; 09-01-2022 at 03:22 PM.

thanks for all the feed back. its a shame really im not one for keeping guns to look at . its to rare to use so it will be going up for sale or swap soon im unsure wat to ask for it at the moment thanks again

Whatever the Vulcan, they don't often reach £300 even if factory fresh in their box. Even the walnut Deluxe which are rather tasty can't really. When used then the MK1 £140, and though some try the MKIIs shouldn't do £180 as there are a lot out there. There are just better shooting rifles to be had. I actually think Vulcans are all fine if you keep the range sensible, and even the triggers can be mastered.

I'm going to stick my head out and put a valuation on yours at £450. Well as a start point. That is a hefty premium for a Vulcan. It will be a tiny market for it, but all concerned should be delighted. I don't say more because there are other "lovelies" to be had at any higher price. £450 is a lot even when there are a good few Webley collectors. Interestingly its not too difficult to find all the main releases from the 1980s, quite affordable too. Yours would be a cherry on the cake. Yours is not a custom, nor a general factory release. Super interesting though, and good looking.
    I agree with you. There are a lot of "user" rifles for using. Your example is a bit special and would best be in a collection. If it had been well used rough then the decision would have been already made, but it isn't so is a bit too nice. Best kept that way.

Thank you for sharing your find with us. Its all good fun.

thanks musket .wise words and you hit the nail on the head price wise i think ill ask 500 and go from there thanks again for the valuation

As good a start price as any.
    I don't collect so my input is my thoughts alone, and might stop some excessive expectations people can have on stuff just because its "old" or "rare".
    Collecting air rifles should have the "keep it fun warning" I'm back under ten after junkied out above 40. I just have shooting rifles, but appreciate the lovely collections out there I've seen.
    ATB