Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
Thank you for your detailed and considered response, I do appreciate it. Joining a club will likely be a good way forward for all the reasons you mentioned, although I’ll wait until covid disapates more before I jump in there. I’ve had a few suggestions from worthy sources up to now: Tau-7 and LP1, amongst others. I quite like the idea of a Tau, as it doesn’t have too many adjustments! And I can get it new with a warranty for a very reasonable cost. Also Co2 canisters are cheap and readily available. Any used gun is likely to want a service/ re-sealing. I realise that the Tau is no were near as refined as a Styer, but if it gets me to the next level? Do you have any experience of a Tau-7?
Haven't seen a Tau for a while, but I think they are pretty good in most respects. The shot count is fairly high too if I remember correctly, which could be an advantage too.
One thing, dont think they have a dry fire device? Might not be true if all versions, maybe some did & some didn't.
Either way it could be a good option.
Certainly worth looking into further & trying to find one you can try before taking the plunge.