Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did the collectors go?

We are still here collecting. I just bagged myself a nice skan swift

There seem to be particular ones that people still go for at the moment if recent sales are anything to go by : Older Crosmans, like the 600 and 150; older Webleys like the Senior and Premier, especially if boxed. Sheridans ; Mk11 Service ; Britannia as well . Provided the perceived quality is there , and they are not too over-priced ,stuff in decent nick is still getting snapped up, or at least so it would appear.
    Perhaps to an extent a recent article in a magazine , or a video on youtube may have some influence ..

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    In an idle moment I looked down the list of posts in this section to see if I'd missed any and spotted a BSA Merlin advertised at a reasonable price and seemingly in good nick. The ad went up 3 days ago but no takers. Strange. A year ago I think there would have been several people interested. Are we all 'full up' (ie. satiated) as it were and only willing to shell out for something more inspiring? Is this fairly run of the mill postwar youth rifle in particular out of favour? Is everyone being cautious about spending/skint now fuel prices are so high?
    Sometimes things seem to go quiet with the more common stuff. I have seen things on here that 10 years ago would have gone in a few hours, not getting a sniff. BUT --10 years ago I probably would have bought some of them to strip for the "Idiots guide" .

Maybe is is down to perception but apart from a bit of a Covid bump, the site seems to move more slowly than a few years ago? I dont know whether a lot of the "non airgun" stuff now goes in "members only"? now, but this section can be slow turning over now.

Ive just checked and there were 6 members looking here and 223 guests.

Also, maybe with Binners fairs and a few others, people are going to them and spending their money?

Lastly there are the people who break guns on the bay , sometimes reluctantly as they cannot get what they consider a reasonable price on here--and also (I know we have had a few on here) the breakers.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Sheer demands for space with me. Having to be very selective these days and have passed on a number of items.