Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
you could buy BSA fibre optic sights; I retro fitted them to my scorpion for pistol HFT
At the risk of losing your competitive edge, would you divulge your source of said fibre optic fore-sights and rear-sights? I'm sure I'd be able to shoot more accurately with the Scorpion if it had them. Shame it would be non-standard but that's how it goes. I'd keep the original sights and might even be able to buy an unmolested standard fore-sight element from the same place...

My eyes focus well enough for anything except reading. I use my computer monitor glasses for iron-sight shooting, these are different from my reading glasses. I'm seriously thinking abt asking the opticians for a pair of glasses that make the iron sights just a bit less in focus and the target just a bit more in focus. Probably useful for other purposes too. Cost? - I'd suggest a lot less than keen airgunners spend.

Another point is I am left eyed. Archers told me about this. You look at an object in the distance and form a mask with your hands allowing both eyes to see it. Then you move your hands so that only one eye can see the object. You will automatically select the eye that you are eyed. My right eye is fine but has astigmatism. Left eye almost none. That's lucky. Maybe I should nip down to Boots and try some non-prescription (not astigmatism corrected) el-cheapo glasses to see whether they might help with the iron sights - glowing or not.

Scope sights? That's cheating.