Thread: Bitsa Beezer Cadets

Bitsa Beezer Cadets

Looking through old parts I have am able to build up 3 Cadets as limited by number rifle stocks. Made up a standard Cadet for friend and the second one just finished. Was a bit rough and pitted, blued with G96, shortened and crowned barrel, glued on scope rail with Tiger Seal to see what accuracy could be achieved.
    Purists please note I can return to std with another barrel and open sights. New piston seal is Chinese one from Protek, they are a perfect fit in Cadets and easy to fit using a thin nut and two different size washers. With old spring putting out 560 fps with 7 grn pellet. Tested various pellets and was surprised to achieve one ragged hole groups with Crosman Accupells.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Nice one Baz. That’s good info about the seal. I’ve got a major to fix up here soon.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Nice one Baz. That’s good info about the seal. I’ve got a major to fix up here soon.
    Yes Donald, using the existing exposed thread at top of piston use a small diameter washer first and on top of that a larger diameter washer to fit in the back of the polyurethane seal so it can clip into place. Make a thin nut to hold the washers in place.

Baz

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Will be at Kempton on the lookout for a cadet piston as it happens - hope to catch up with you there
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

You mentioned the seal you used is a new Chinese one from Protek, can I ask if this is one they sell specifically for Cadets or if it's a One for a Chinese rifle which you have found to be suitable?

Rather like your way of popping a dovetail rail on, nice to see parts all brought together & all working. Neat little air rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    You mentioned the seal you used is a new Chinese one from Protek, can I ask if this is one they sell specifically for Cadets or if it's a One for a Chinese rifle which you have found to be suitable?

Rather like your way of popping a dovetail rail on, nice to see parts all brought together & all working. Neat little air rifles.
    Think the piston seal is for the Chinese B3 air rifle. I bought 10 from Protek as I find they can be used in other rifles. I glue scope rails on with Tiger Seal as they can be removed with no damage to collectable rifles.

Baz

Baz
    Thank you for elaborating about the seals; I do like your way of mounting a scope on a non dovetailed action, simple, effective, & reversible too. Definately a neat solution to the age old conundrum of putting a telescopic sight onto something like a pre war BSA without resorting to drilling the cylinder or brazing blocks on or some horrible bit of shedwork with a jubilee clip at either end, nice one, atb.