Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
Dear Mr Cornelius
It was copied directly from a short article written 45 years ago by someone talking about a great many pistols he had owned and used in the past some of which he had modified to shoot better in his hands. Why would he tell porkies, unless you are accusing me. That would be a case for pistols at dawn
When he said it had a reputation for accuracy that would have been some 25 years before he wrote the article. No one has mentioned about it being "fairly common" except you. The Walther brand have, until recently, always had a reputation for quality and accuracy. This would have been the case in the early 1950's.
Some of the other pistols he gave his opinions and modification tips on were. Webley Senior, Webley Mk1, Target MkIIand other straight grip models, Premier Ist model, Junior MkII, Hurricane, Warrior, Acvoke, Hyscore.
I detect a touch of aggression in your post. My only reason for posting was to let others in on information that is on record, albeit 45 years old. Whether members believe it or not is their choice. It matters not to me.
I’ll leave it to others to decide if there was any aggression in my post

I will observe though that “saying something that is not accurate” and “telling porkies” are not synonyms. Honest mistakes exist