Thread: big dick and other man related toys

big dick and other man related toys

Hi,

Following on from the big dick, great thread , never get away with a toy called that these days, what a great boys toy a gatling gun!
    but moving on down the road of rose tinted glasses.
    who can remember the Airfix SLR! compleat with removable magazine ,bullets, and a plastic bayonet, hhmmm warm fuzzy feeling remembering it now. the PC BRIGADE would have a dickie fit these days LOL.

I had one of those Airfix SLRs and remember my dear old dad buying it for my 10th Birthday in the local Woolworths.

I was a little too enthusiastic with the plastic bayonet and promptly broke the barrel while charging my sister with bayonet duly fixed.

The plastic ammo didn't last long either,

Happy days during that long hot summer of 1976.

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 17-10-2022 at 05:00 AM.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I had one of those Airfix SLRs and remember by dear old dad buying it for me 10th Birthday in the local Woolworths.

I was a little too enthusiastic with the plastic bayonet and promptly broke the barrel while charging my sister with bayonet duly fixed.

The plastic ammo didn't last long either,

Happy days during that long hot summer of 1976.

John
    wow you were lucky, i remember lusting after them that long hot summer & other things, anyone remember hot pants & mini skirts as fondly......

I was far more interested in Hot Pants and Mini Skirts than I was in a plastic SLR. , but I was a fan of Airfix Aircraft models in my younger days.

Glad it's not just my imagination LOL, 1976 spot on , the heatwave, Ford cortinas, hot pants but still better than all that the Airfix SLR, from yes good old woolworth, good old dad.
    Yep story same here, lost all the bullets within a week or so, and the cat had no resting place, poked my sister a few times with the bayonet, had it confiscated by my mum as being dangerous, happy ending though, dad bought me a crossman 766 so I could learn to handle a gun properly, all worked out in the end.
    And that's when it all started, happy long gone days.

Didn't they also do a Thompson smg in that range? My favourite toy was a near full size PO8, heartbroken when the cap mechanism on that broke. Also had a couple of cap grenades, lost in brambles in an assault on a WW2 pillbox in the woods. Then bro' gave me his Junior...

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Didn't they also do a Thompson smg in that range? My favourite toy was a near full size PO8, heartbroken when the cap mechanism on that broke. Also had a couple of cap grenades, lost in brambles in an assault on a WW2 pillbox in the woods. Then bro' gave me his Junior...

ATB

Bru
    They did and I had that one too, before the SLR if memory serves. The Tommy Gun lasted a bit longer but the SLR was my favourite. I'd love to own one again for nostalgia but they fetch several hundreds of pounds today and I couldn't possibly justify it.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

I remember the SLR, broke the barrel off mine too. Stuck it back on a couple of more times getting wonkier each time. Then the trigger mechanism went AWOL so the whole thing went in the bin, but oddly enough I hung onto the bullets. Maybe i hoped I'd get another one but never did. Anyone remember the cork guns like a mini version of the Original model 1? Think they did a double barrel version too, Woolies once again.
    My grandfather wasn't that impressed with the SLR, couldn't top up the magazine with a charger but we set up a row of match boxes to shoot at with it & I learnt about safety & gun handling from him. Then when he thought I was capable he taught me to shoot using an air rifle. He was probably the best rifle shot I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    I remember the SLR, broke the barrel off mine too. Stuck it back on a couple of more times getting wonkier each time. Then the trigger mechanism went AWOL so the whole thing went in the bin, but oddly enough I hung onto the bullets. Maybe i hoped I'd get another one but never did. Anyone remember the cork guns like a mini version of the Original model 1? Think they did a double barrel version too, Woolies once again.
    My grandfather wasn't that impressed with the SLR, couldn't top up the magazine with a charger but we set up a row of match boxes to shoot at with it & I learnt about safety & gun handling from him. Then when he thought I was capable he taught me to shoot using an air rifle. He was probably the best rifle shot I have ever seen.
    I vaguely remember a double barrelled shotgun with possibly a white stock and blue barrels that fired corks. A neighbour had one and we used to have cap gun fights back in the day.

Cork firing 'shotguns' - vaguely remember being given one a a very early age, & destroying the baubles on the Xmas tree with it...
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    Glad it's not just my imagination LOL, 1976 spot on , the heatwave, Ford cortinas, hot pants but still better than all that the Airfix SLR, from yes good old woolworth, good old dad.
    Yep story same here, lost all the bullets within a week or so, and the cat had no resting place, poked my sister a few times with the bayonet, had it confiscated by my mum as being dangerous, happy ending though, dad bought me a crossman 766 so I could learn to handle a gun properly, all worked out in the end.
    And that's when it all started, happy long gone days.
    my first pumper the 766 bought new from JSR for around £30.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    I have memories of ‘Sekiden’ ?? Plastic bb ppk-ish style pistols and great indoor battles
    Gun control means using both hands.

Sekiden, yes I remember them too. Had one with a "silencer" it fitted into the false barrel as the pellets exited from a tube below it. What were the little pellets made of, they were as light as a feather but broke op into a gritty powder something akin to a cross between clatter, plaster of Parrish & dog biscuits. I was intrigued watching three or four arc of towards the target & how the next one would go off like a golfers sliced tee shot, but great fun.
    Last edited by trajectory; 19-10-2022 at 12:23 PM.