Thread: Hw 57... getting there!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the power drops be thankful

Recently had mine (2005 .177) serviced and its spitting jsb express out at 11.8 ft/lbs, bit snappy but it groups 2p coin size at 25 yards. Unfortunately i've not been able to get twin mounts or a red dot to stay stable. The kicks fast but i have no doubt a single mount would tie things down properly but Ive chosen to leave it on open sights. This seems to suit it, with good groups at 15-20 yards - most my other guns are better with a scope but not so with open sights.

Tinkering and/or a good kit would improve things but I don't think mine would ever hold consistent groups beyond 25 yards. Found a burr on the shaft of the pop up breech, this has been smoothed down but in all honesty I only got slight improvement of accuracy. The initial trigger contact is too far forward for my hands, but once the first stage has been covered the position feels fine for firing.

I accidentally fired it with the breech up and despite seals looking ok I could feel the breech had become slack as there was slight movement when it was in the recess. A change of seals remedied that, made the breech tight again and bought the fps variation back into single figures, I get around 9fps from JSB express.

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this gun , it does have an emotional attachment as it was a late friends but that said, I'm not sure I'd buy one. However I genuinely think its a lovely gun for open sights and similar with a red dot, its a quirky gun that's best kept light and is nicest running at 10-10.5ft/lbs imo.
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 01-11-2022 at 10:48 PM.