Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalogue guns

My first air gun came from a kayscor grattan or similar catalogue, about 1978.
    ASI Sniper, complete with telescopic sights.. I loved that gun. I had to sell it a couple of years later as I needed the cash (somethings never change..)
    ATB
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    it's no wonder the youth of today are so frustrated, so wayward...

No underwear models to placate their hormonal urges, and no airguns get them outdoors in the fresh air, doing something productive... easy to see where it's all gone wrong...
    Yes, they spend far too long tapping away at their computers, in isolation , venting their spleens and achieving nothing . My third rifle was out of a catalogue, Littlewoods I think and my mum had to order it. A German spec Paratrooper complete with F mark. I still have that and it's magazine.

got my first gun out of kays catalogue,i used to love drooling over the airguns and shot gun pages

Quote Originally Posted by thurstanloecken View Post
    Wow, it's crazy to think that airguns and even crossbows were once advertised in catalogues like Argos and Kays!!
    I can remember a schoolfriend who did metal & woodwork making a crossbow, with the full approval of both teachers - mid/late '70's. Used a leaf spring from a car, as I remember.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by thurstanloecken View Post
    Wow, it's crazy to think that airguns and even crossbows were once advertised in catalogues like Argos and Kays! I've never seen anything like that before. It's interesting to see the prices too, it seems like they were much more affordable back then. I've never bought one from a catalogue before, but I can imagine the local Kays lady being an ardent pacifist would make it a bit difficult. Speaking of airguns, have you ever tried using large rifle primers from https://midcitygunshop.com/product/c...ifle-primers/? They're said to be really reliable and consistent. It's worth checking out!
    I don't think it was crazy at all. Society did no break down, there were to my memory, no hordes of airgun shootings, people got on with their lives largely in peace. Of course there is talk of the prat shooting buses on the North circular bringing in the 12 Ftlb limit but that was in the sixties. I must say I do not remember airguns in the Argos catalogues.