Thread: Valuation help please - BSA Airsporter MK. 2

Valuation help please - BSA Airsporter MK. 2

I am looking for help in valuing an Airsporter MK. 2 that I had intended to get working but have finally realised that I have too many other projects. There is the normal collection of marks and minor blemishes, let's call it patina, but overall it's in good condition for its age. It cocks with no rough noises, but the trigger sear spring is broken so it can't be fired. I have no idea of the condition of the seals or internals. The pop up loading tap mechanism works, and there is no play in the movement. I think these have an issue with the stock cracking but I can't see any evidence of this. Any guidance from the collectors would be appreciated

Price two sell

£80 two £100 let's see wot other people think.
    [url]www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Difficult without knowing what else may need fixing internally. These older Mk1’s and 2’s are, in my opinion, better than the later versions and possibly therefore more collectible. VG condition working examples may fetch £150-£250. Without it being stripped and assessed hard to put a figure on yours. £50 to £80?? Cosmetically it’s reasonably good. My Mk2 I bought for £70 a few years ago as a restoration project..spent quite a lot of time getting it to the smooth shooting example it is today.

Bsa Mark 2 Air sporter

I think it should be easily around the £130 . Mark as it worth that in spares. I paid £ 75 just for a repaired stock

It's only £8 for a trigger spring so I'd be inclined to sell it as a shooter. £130 seems fair

Thanks for the advice. I have a price in mind now and soon it will be heading to the sales section. Just need to find a long box or tube first

As this lovely grained stock has no cracks, I see it at £150, providing it works when the trigger spring is replaced.