Come on Andy, you must have forgotten!!

Not only was it finished, but "some one" (YOU!!!) contacted me and wanted info on a home made Original 75 rifle case with a GB team sticker on, and it turned out it was the actual case from Pam's Rifle, that was you Andy, and you graciously donated the case to us!!

But that was not just the biggest coincidence with you! Some months later you were selling your 75, and brought it to me to see it, as it looked like an early one, and I said I'd like to see it. No, it was not Pam's original stock, but coincidences of all time!!!!! I recognised that it was actually her original action!!!!!!!

I also confirmed that later with dates and numbers, and I could see internal factory modded repair details, from repairs that the factory did at a shoot in Germany!

Andy then graciously agreed to swop that action with us for the restored action I had used on the replica.

Thanks Andy, and once you had sold it it would never have been traceable or recognised as Pam's after that

So meeting Andy has been a big factor in ending a 7 year hunt, and has got a major part of Pam's original Original 75 back, the action, and the case.

I believe the stock, as a very short special was binned long ago by a "must be as made" collector, sad that those people do what they do with no understanding of the history, as it was the very first UK imported Original 75, and the only one used by a GB team member in Internationals, and that won international medals!

If any of you you are restoring, and particularly match guns, PLEASE be very careful to fully research their history. This one was ours personally, but its not the first historic rifle I've rescued, I was also very fortunate to be able to rescue a historic Ex Malcom Cooper 300mt rifle, and restore it, and donated it to the NRA museum at Bisley. That I rescued from some one just before they started to remove match stickers including ones for the world championships, that Malcolm won!

But, the replica stock is finished, Andy has seen it!!! But I'm not able to add pics on here, I am to computers what Putin is to the humanities, but I will send some pics to Andy by email, and perhaps he can add them.

Have Fun
Robin