Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westley Richards Highest Possible 2 + 2 = 4

I have never seen the inlaid white lettering before even on the best examples I’ve come across and wonder if this was factory applied or added by someone at a later date.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I have never seen the inlaid white lettering before even on the best examples I’ve come across and wonder if this was factory applied or added by someone at a later date.

Brian
    Mine looks to be a “wax” or something added just so the letters can be easily seen? I think wiping down with oil to clean has already started to remove it?

Looked in the “Gallery” there were 37 Highest Possibles and 6 had the highly curved trigger. Appeared to be earlier models and some variation to the curvature. Maybe these were made by the same assembly worker with hand hammering?

Last edited by 45flint; 26-10-2023 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I hear you on cornering the market. lol You have to partially blame Rock Inland Auction over here they always group multiple guns into lots. Then the second lot just happened not to get bid up, I thought it was crazy cheap? But I am totally into these pistols, I really think no other spring air pistol compares as a collectable.

I believe Black Ebony is genetic not a condition of stress etc. It’s being cultivated by guitars maker Taylor. Wood figure can be stress related.
    We get a regular TV programme that follows the fortunes of a real-life family of vintage car auctioneers in North Yorkshire. I have often noticed how often things are engineered so that two of a kind are consecutive lots. The principal characters are father and two sons, not a fool between them, although I have often thought there was at least one more bit left in an item. The reserves are usually revealed when screened but not in real time, real life and the hammer often drops when the reserve is reached.

I had always assumed ebony to be a case of what you see is what you get until a throwaway remark in a work of fiction caught my eye. Once my curiosity is aroused I have to know. Googling Ebony only took me to places and topics of no interest to me - nothing timber-related.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your WRs.
    ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Googling Ebony only took me to places and topics of no interest to me - nothing timber-related. 1
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    These 2 would make an awesome cased set. One right handed pistol and one left handed!

I have to take my hat off to you Sir, those are beauties and the photo quality does them justice. I am limited to a camera phone and shaky hands.