Thread: Diana Original model 6m valuation?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Diana Original model 6m valuation?

It's time to downsize I think, first up for the chop is probably the Original 6m - any ideas for a ballpark value for one of these, shooting well and in decent condition, with sporter grips?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    It's time to downsize I think, first up for the chop is probably the Original 6m - any ideas for a ballpark value for one of these, shooting well and in decent condition, with sporter grips?

£160 - £180.

I have bought a few for these prices. Others may worry the front piston seal needs replacing, and quote lower prices because they have to pay someone to replace it. I have have replaced so many so it is a very simple job to fix. If its putting out around 400 to 450 fps with a 7 grn pellet, should be no problem.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 01-11-2023 at 05:33 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks Baz, suspect it was resealed shortly before I bought it, is there any easy way to check this without a stripdown? Will test over chrono as well of course.

Is it boxed or not makes a difference to price,as does condition

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Thanks Baz, suspect it was resealed shortly before I bought it, is there any easy way to check this without a stripdown? Will test over chrono as well of course.
    The chrono result is a good check. If it has the old seal it will most probably have bacterial degradation, and the sealing edge crumbled. Strangely the buffer seal on the back piston does not usually deteriorate, I think its because it is protected from humidity. You can take the back cap off and have a look at the rear seal but it will not tell you much. The front seal on the pistol below had completely crumbled. I think just test the f.p.s. with a light pellet.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 10-11-2023 at 02:36 PM.

About 200 (euros). But unserviced, not very wanted. Overhauling isnt easy. I sold my serviced one for E250 iirc. It was in as new con
    ATB,
    yana

I love these pistols they shoot beautifully and have a great trigger design. They are easy to work on and I prefer fixing them to than doing a model 5.
    I can say they are my favourite spring pistol, not really collectable they are more of a practical highly usable pistol.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 10-11-2023 at 02:37 PM.

I've reconsidered selling this now (decided I can free up far more space and money by selling the Airking), though I will be checking the velocity at some point in the next week now I've found my chrono.