Thread: Early BSA Standard Air Rifle

Early BSA Standard Air Rifle

I noticed a nice early BSA Standard Air Rifle, featuring in the inaugural auction by new gun auctioneers Lonsdales in Kirby Lonsdale.
    The serial number of 78149 would have made it a 1914 gun, amongst some of the very last guns produced before the Great War.

In .22 caliber, and in the full sporting length of 45.5" it had the blond coloured stock, which I have seen a few times on these guns, and had the correct double safety sear mechanism fitted as you would expect.

I thought that is bound to make good money given the hype around this auction.

Well, to my great surprise, the hammer price was only £80, so even with all costs added it would have been a cheap gun.

The 1913-14 Standards are not that common at all, and I really would have expected that particular gun to have made more.

Lakey

Then somebody had a very good buy…

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I noticed a nice early BSA Standard Air Rifle, featuring in the inaugural auction by new gun auctioneers Lonsdales in Kirby Lonsdale.
    The serial number of 78149 would have made it a 1914 gun, amongst some of the very last guns produced before the Great War.

In .22 caliber, and in the full sporting length of 45.5" it had the blond coloured stock, which I have seen a few times on these guns, and had the correct double safety sear mechanism fitted as you would expect.

I thought that is bound to make good money given the hype around this auction.

Well, to my great surprise, the hammer price was only £80, so even with all costs added it would have been a cheap gun.

The 1913-14 Standards are not that common at all, and I really would have expected that particular gun to have made more.

Lakey
    Pity they don't post, but still makes it cheap if the buyer lives near.
    PP