Thread: Webley Eclipse part 2

Webley Eclipse part 2

I have quite a few bits for an Eclipse (about 90% complete minus a stock), however the cylinder is scrap. I think it was over sprung or had a gas ram fitted and is damaged.
    I bought the bits for parts for my other two Eclipses's but are thinking about making another out of the bits that I have and making or purchasing the missing parts.
    The cylinder and breech block assembly look as if they are two separate parts, how are they joined?

I'm thinking of replacing the Aluminium cylinder with Steel or Titanium.
    Depending how the original parts were fixed how would I rejoin the parts together as there will be two types of metals?
    Last edited by norris; 20-11-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Webley Eclipse part 2

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    I have quite a few bits for an Eclipse (about 90% complete minus a stock), however the cylinder is scrap. I think it was over sprung or had a gas ram fitted and is damaged.
    I bought the bits for parts for my other two EclipsesÂ’s but are thinking about making another out of the bits that I have and making or purchasing the missing parts.
    The cylinder and breech block assembly look as if they are two separate parts, how are they joined?

I'm thinking of replacing the Aluminium cylinder with Steel or Titanium.
    Depending how the original parts were fixed how would I rejoin the parts together as there will be two types of metals?
    No idea but good luck to you on it, i had a carbine complete with original mini silencer, nice gun very accurate too & shot well was supposed to be SFS tuned which i can believe , sold it to a mate who's a webley fan who still has it in mint condition for £150, I only paid a ton for it though, but couldn't get on with the silly loading port tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    No idea but good luck to you on it, i had a carbine complete with original mini silencer, nice gun very accurate too & shot well was supposed to be SFS tuned which i can believe , sold it to a mate who's a webley fan who still has it in mint condition for £150, I only paid a ton for it though, but couldn't get on with the silly loading port tbh.
    Nothing silly about the loading port, not a lot different from an HW77,HW97,TX200 or a Superstar.
    Just practice and time,load direct into the bore.