Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
I reworked two Mk3s and named them Pepsi and Shirley the former's barrel is shortened by an inch which is just enough to leave a bit of the counterbore. This was then properly finished by Dez the metal polishing guru when all the action was polished to a mirror finish. Craig P chequered both both of their pistol grips and added a dark wood end cap to Shirley where a previous owner's dog chewed it.

Pepsi's stock was stained black then finished with walnut oil, however I found out too late that Beech does not take oil perfectly and I still get a little bit of black on my hands. Don't care about that.

Both have BS 210 quad rings in place of the normal O ring and Shirley sports a new 5.5 mm barrel. I have to home blue her cylinder this winter.

Pepsi has a metal spring guide that came with my Merc S and needed wet & drying to get a good fit, Shirley has a radically cut down Titan spring (240mm) with Titan guide. They both have good firing cycles
Yes this is exactly the sort of thing that I wanted to discover what people have done. The Meteor is still pretty common to mess about with. I like the idea of a polished mirror finish! A silver scope on top and it would look very unique! The idea of taking out the "extra" part of the barrel is interesting as I assume there would be no need to recrown it.