Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Woke up feeling like I fought with a large truck this morning but still here, did details and the Metal flake on the Black Widow and it looked quite good so hopefully stayed that way when I go check it for clear coating shortly, not looking like I'll be visiting the Sales table this Bash though as Sales are slow, that said still no lift so maybe no Bash for me either.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so well. But great that you can carry on fettling, which must be a big help and distraction. Hope you can get to The Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I do hope so too, in a reasonable mood as I'm liking the way the paints turned out, just a few more clear coats to go before it's ready to show although it will be sat a good week or so before any proper handleing to let things fully harden, not that I've the bands to hand yet or brace material anyway.
    There is acctually a trick I can do if I ever make a Dr Pepper or Coca Cola one, using an iron and an appropiate backing I can create a pleather using bottle lables, I had a wallet made of it as a Birthday gift years ago and loved it so I've saved some lables to make one and other things again, no good for this one though unless they were 90s Labels as you'll see why when you see the paint.

Brought a A5 sample of a Dark Red pleather so hopefully does the job, found more denim but not the Leather and pleather when searching upstairs so decided it was time to just buy it instead.