Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
I actually confused a tin of old Bisley Magnums with Baracudas .. unless they’re just rebadged old school Baracudas? I’ve sorted through the stock and I’ve good few tins of Air Arms 4.50 and 4.51, plus JSBs in the same size .. they’re the same pellet no? Probably best to match the rifle to the pellet at this point just to use them up.

With three sizes in a caliber and three or so pellet types plus half a dozen brands pellet testing could get tedious. Back in the day it was RWS Meisterkugeln or H&N Match because all the others were shit.
I've never compared the Bisley Magnums to the older Baracuda personally, but have often seen it stated that they're the same pellet. Similarly, I've often seen conflicting information about the similarities between AAF and JSB Exact. Some saying they're exactly the same, just rebadged. Others saying that there are slight differences, whilst even more have said they're essentially the same but the "spin-offs" are allotted their own die? Really not sure.......

As you say, if you have healthy existing stocks, it might be better to just test with the ones you have for now and, occasionally, add a fresh one for some testing. From what I've seen in the past, I wouldn't be placing too much credence on the stated pellet size on those JSBs - getting the right batch seems to be far more important.