Thread: BSA Airsporter S MkI Foresight

BSA Airsporter S MkI Foresight

I am trying to get hold of an original foresight assembly for my BSA Airsporter S MkI ( Serial No. EP01570 ).

I have tried all the suppliers I can find on Google, but they only have the non standard fibre optic type foresight. I have also searched for one on auction sites, but had no luck so far.

If anyone has one for sale, or knows the whereabouts of one, would you please let me know.

Thank you.

Kev Ev

bsa

Hi i have lots of old bsa parts sights front & rear can you add a pic of fitting please
    thankyou
    bsa breaking
    mk1 meteors 6 off
    mercurys 5 off
    meteors 15 off
    scorpion pistol x 1
    bsa airsporter mk2 complete

RE: Airsporter S MkI Foresight

Hi there,

I can’t put attachments in my messages as I do not have permission for that. I’m assuming that’s because I’m a new member on this forum?

My foresight assembly is attached to the barrell with a single screw. I haven’t identified the thread yet but you can see the assembly clearly on parts diagrams from airgunspares and other suppliers.

Plenty of modern pattern plastic units, but I’m looking for the original steel item.

Cheers,

Kev Ev

Bsa

Hi mate had a look through 26 sets of sights not 1 matches yours sorry about that
    old BSA spares + BSA Scorpion pistol BREAKING complete
    https://freeimage.host/i/JN5PnBn

Hi, the original items are not steel that are a die cast aluminium alloy, just in case the chap above was looking for a steel one in his spares box! I think the same item was used on numerous rifles so should be a bit easier to locate than the rear sights. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi, the original items are not steel that are a die cast aluminium alloy, just in case the chap above was looking for a steel one in his spares box! I think the same item was used on numerous rifles so should be a bit easier to locate than the rear sights. Regards Max
    As Max says, the S sights are made of alloy, the standard models are made of black plastic, which can crack if the screw is over tightened, looking at the photos of the BSA parts for sale as shown on this thread, there looks to be a few that will fit but can't tell if they are alloy or plastic, one way of telling if the seller can't tell the difference, is the plastic ones are more flimsy and if I remember correctly are hollow and can be squeezed together between finger and thumb, I've had a look in my parts tin and don't have any I'm afraid, I've put them on S models I've bought over the years whi h came with none on.
    Last edited by look no hands; 20-05-2024 at 08:02 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Thank you for the information.

Are the original alloy foresights anodised black, or painted?

Cheers,

Kev

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan hw99s View Post
    Hi mate had a look through 26 sets of sights not 1 matches yours sorry about that
    Thank you for looking. I have been informed that the original foresight is alloy, not steel.

Kev