Thread: BSA Scorpion Cadet

BSA Scorpion Cadet

I gave up. HELP. I have a BSA Single shot Scorpion PCP tgt rifle. Leaking from several places; does anyone know the O ring sizes for the ends of the cylinder/ filler block & cyl/ body joints; also the O ring that goes inside the filler block that the BB seals with. My gun just gave bits of black carbonised seals in all three places.
    There are lots of diagrams with no info and looking on forums there is no really usefull info. I'm taking a couple of educated guesses and one size seems ok; but I'd like confirmation if possible.
    TIA

Should be here, if it's the cadet 6ftlb.
    if not other scorpions are listed back a step.

https://www.airgunspares.com/gunspar...et-6ft-lb.html

Cylinder end seals are same as ultra, mmc, scorpion, R10. filler seal is same as any scorpion and ultra with brass filler.

Thanks guys. I know of Knibbs as we inter sell between us, plus all the other kit suppliers. But as a repairer myself I have access to O rings from a supplier. I have my own idea as to actual correct BS numbers, as I don't normally service PCPs I just wanted confirmation of actual designation; there's no point paying pounds for one ring when I get 100 for a couple for pounds. The advice is appreciated but not what I actually need as yet.

Looking today. What's a BB please?

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Thanks guys. I know of Knibbs as we inter sell between us, plus all the other kit suppliers. But as a repairer myself I have access to O rings from a supplier. I have my own idea as to actual correct BS numbers, as I don't normally service PCPs I just wanted confirmation of actual designation; there's no point paying pounds for one ring when I get 100 for a couple for pounds. The advice is appreciated but not what I actually need as yet.
    So buy 1 kit, measure the new rings and you will have the dimensions to bulk buy for future use

good luck sorting it bud

Thanks for the input guys. Firstly a BB is a ball bearing. I now know the 2 cylinder seals are the same; cylinder to body and filler block to cylinder.
    If anyone needs to know these are BS 116 70A Nitrile. The one inside the filler block in which the BB seals is BS106 70A Nitrile. Gun is back together first couple of shots through chrono recorded; then onward daily for the next week to confirm seals are a success.