Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer bash 2024 3rd and 4th August

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Well said Paul & Tony
    Pete

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Careful !

All types of legal power plants are welcome, nothing is frowned upon.

It’s not all about the airguns. A big part of people returning time and again is the friendship, camaraderie, common interest and the great fun we have whether it be shooting guns, talking guns or anything else. Being able to camp, drink and sit around a night-time fire is a real bonus and enjoyed by many.
    You know I'm only playing and tbh my 880 is technically a fart gun and likely to be with me, would happiley Camp too but health doesn't give me that option unless some brave sould fancies dragging and building a proper bed in a tent on the field and like I said earlier, I'd like to bring a Cake and something for Neil drinkwise to either enjoy there or afterwards, me I'll probably have one strong one and stick to softies so the Meds behave, thats if whatever gets done happy pill wise still allows that strong one.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely, Pauly.

Way back when, in 2012, when The Bash was a mere seedling of an idea in my, and a few other enthusiasts' minds, the "Spring Gun Gathering" was dreamt up to be about springer enthusiasts wanting to get together to learn more about their guns, share ideas about tuning etc., in a more relaxed, non-competitive environment.

A location wasn't decided and then Uncle Mick volunteered to take it all on. The organising, running, insuring etc., providing a wonderfully relaxed and all-inclusive environment in which people could meet, shoot their guns, talk with others, try out other people's guns, talk technical etc., etc.....

The camping became an integral part of these gatherings which, by 2014, became known as "The Boinger Bash". As outlined above, for some the shooting may have become secondary and it's about meeting up with like-minded individuals who have become such good friends over the years. And we're talking the very, very bestest of friendships here. Friendships that stand the test of time.

When Mick was no longer able to hold these events for us any longer, Neil and Tina stood up to the task in hand and deliver it wonderfully, so accurately continuing with the flavour, feel and ethos that went before at Quigley Hollow. Thank you.

Powerplants are varied. Yes, the meets centre mainly around the springer, beloved by so many of us. But all powerplants are welcome. Pistol and rifle. It matters not as long as it's legal and used safely. Many of us tend to like other similar hobbies too, like catapults and bows, and they're more than welcome, too. Indeed, how many of us shot with a catapult before managing to get their first airgun? I know I did, and it sorted out a fair few rats on the canal for a few years whilst fishing.

So, it's all about being friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive. A few more people have broken their Bash ducks over the last two meets and have become fully paid-up and committed fans, due to the wonderful atmosphere and accepting nature of Bash stalwarts. The Bash is everything an individual wants it to be and long may the Spirit of The Boing continue.
    I was being good and leaving Cattys out as Neil had asked it be bash only here, still got to Band up those two I customised and find the wood for making the Flatbander (not had it in me to walk to the woods with Apple trees plus needs a helper incase of lifting).
    But anyway only taking the Prince Michael over the old Fart Cannons, I appreciate perhaps written word may not come across as intended so I apologise if anyone was offended.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I don't think that chatting about catapults on the bash thread was actually ever the issue to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Careful !

All types of legal power plants are welcome, nothing is frowned upon.

It’s not all about the airguns. A big part of people returning time and again is the friendship, camaraderie, common interest and the great fun we have whether it be shooting guns, talking guns or anything else. Being able to camp, drink and sit around a night-time fire is a real bonus and enjoyed by many.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely, Pauly.

Way back when, in 2012, when The Bash was a mere seedling of an idea in my, and a few other enthusiasts' minds, the "Spring Gun Gathering" was dreamt up to be about springer enthusiasts wanting to get together to learn more about their guns, share ideas about tuning etc., in a more relaxed, non-competitive environment.

A location wasn't decided and then Uncle Mick volunteered to take it all on. The organising, running, insuring etc., providing a wonderfully relaxed and all-inclusive environment in which people could meet, shoot their guns, talk with others, try out other people's guns, talk technical etc., etc.....

The camping became an integral part of these gatherings which, by 2014, became known as "The Boinger Bash". As outlined above, for some the shooting may have become secondary and it's about meeting up with like-minded individuals who have become such good friends over the years. And we're talking the very, very bestest of friendships here. Friendships that stand the test of time.

When Mick was no longer able to hold these events for us any longer, Neil and Tina stood up to the task in hand and deliver it wonderfully, so accurately continuing with the flavour, feel and ethos that went before at Quigley Hollow. Thank you.

Powerplants are varied. Yes, the meets centre mainly around the springer, beloved by so many of us. But all powerplants are welcome. Pistol and rifle. It matters not as long as it's legal and used safely. Many of us tend to like other similar hobbies too, like catapults and bows, and they're more than welcome, too. Indeed, how many of us shot with a catapult before managing to get their first airgun? I know I did, and it sorted out a fair few rats on the canal for a few years whilst fishing.

So, it's all about being friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive. A few more people have broken their Bash ducks over the last two meets and have become fully paid-up and committed fans, due to the wonderful atmosphere and accepting nature of Bash stalwarts. The Bash is everything an individual wants it to be and long may the Spirit of The Boing continue.
    Well put guys

I genuinely think (and I know I wouldn't be the only one) that I could attend the bash and have a great time without even getting my guns out of the car. It's so much more than just turning up and shooting in a field. Friendships have been forged over the years that the bash has brought us all together, and the shooting is more of a bonus that compliments the warm social environment we all enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I don't think that chatting about catapults on the bash thread was actually ever the issue to be honest.
    This.

Ttt boing
    Pete

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I should have a couple of PCP's nailed back together by August, I'll bring them along for a change.
    You following my lead ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

You don't nail the scope on Jon
    Pete

I wish you could post smilies to peoples posts on here lol.

Next bash can't get here soon enough.

Rick Astley for Prime Minister !

That's the Bash effect Paul
    Great people and great fun.
    Given the choice I would take 3 days at the Bash over a week in the Canarys any time.
    I come back far more relaxed from a Bash than a holiday
    Pete

I had a bit of luck Saturday
    My mate John was shooting my 80
    He asked how the buying and selling went
    I told him I had sold everything except the Optisan EVX
    I want another EVX he replied.
    Yay job done. Got back home wondering if I should buy the new CP as I am moving soon
    Optics Wharehouse had 20% off.
    Couldn't say no could I?
    New scope day tomorrow
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Yay job done. Got back home wondering if I should buy the new CP as I am moving soon
    Couldn't say no could I?
    New scope day tomorrow
    Result 👍 it’s always nice when things just fall into place 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Well put guys

I genuinely think (and I know I wouldn't be the only one) that I could attend the bash and have a great time without even getting my guns out of the car. It's so much more than just turning up and shooting in a field. Friendships have been forged over the years that the bash has brought us all together, and the shooting is more of a bonus that compliments the warm social environment we all enjoy

And nicely put yourself, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post

Next bash can't get here soon enough.

That's the Bash effect Paul
    Great people and great fun.
    Given the choice I would take 3 days at the Bash over a week in the Canarys any time.
    I come back far more relaxed from a Bash than a holiday
    Absolutely; me too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Couldn't say no could I?
    New scope day tomorrow
    Result!

Nice one, Pete.