Thread: Re Bluing

Re Bluing

To re blue,or not to re blue that is my question.I have a HW77K which was my late brothers.
    I have been considering having the action re blued,is this worth doing or would it spoil it's originality ?
    It is a model from the 80's.
    Would like to hear thoughts on this.
    Atb
    Jim

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I'd be of two minds with it, if it's one that he's owned a long time and those marks are from him using it I'd say preserve them so he tells his story.
    Originality wise does it look like any other works done to it and how worn is it? If its had stuff done its already no longer original so reblueing wouldn't be harmful and if it's rough from a value point it probably wouldn't matter.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Bought mine in mid 80s, Was well worn and even though i don't use it i wanted to get it nice again. Had mine blacked. Looks better than blued and should last longer. If yours just looks its age but is presentable then just leave as is. If worn/ pitting etc then get it done.

Hard to find a place for bluing, Im now thinking of ceracote
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I think Karl Sawyer was mentioned before, regarding doing bluing. Atb Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    I think Karl Sawyer was mentioned before, regarding doing bluing. Atb Mick.
    I’ve heard his name but zero info.

Be cool if AA blued stuff as theirs is very nice
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I think i will get it done eventually,as i'd like to pass this rifle down through the family.
    The kids would have to have joint custody of it,lol

I too have not seen any contact details for Carl, so if anyone has them please put them on here. Atb Mick.

Karl A Sawyer is on Facebook and messenger, aka Black Cat Blacking and based in Newark.
    Regards,
    Dave.