Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heirloom airguns

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Someone will definately love it as I was given one last year and love it to bits, could always see if a Club or similar will take it to teach new shooters with when the time comes.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Guilt trip

Not quite my heirloom. but the Mk2 Airsporter I picked up at auction last year should have been someone else's.
    It had clearly been looked after very well over the years, it's bluing is almost A1, the stock is lovely and it's got the foresight hood which was knocked out of it's grooves and went back immediately with a vintage skinny Japanese Nikko sterling sight which looks to have been with it all these years.

I wonder whether it's owner died and the family for whatever reason got rid of it by the easiest means.
    It does not seem right to change it in any way, except for sucking Neatsfoot oil through the transfer port and letting it stand upright for couple of days.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Thats a real shame and somethng that worries me a little when my times up, I could've punched some of a Mates family on one occasion as they started throwing out her stuff when she was still alive, didn't ask her what she wanted done with it and didn't ask if anyone else wanted it, they didn't want it so no one else must've and they just sent it to the dump including a really nice electric organ she must've had since the 60s.
    Atleast in your hands it gets to live and be cared for still so don't feel bad, you're still doing right by its original owner and maybe you can find its next caretaker when the time comes so it can keep on living still.

A .22 Webley Osprey, which was my very first (brand new) air rifle aged 11, is a gun I would never sell, as it started me off on my lifelong love of airgunning. Not long before his untimely passing, Steve Pope modded the piston to replace the twin rings with a Venom Power Pulse seal for a HW77.

Another keeper is a walnut .22 S310 which was a 40th birthday present to me from my dearly departed Mum (passed 10 years, 3 days ago).

Lastly, a .177 Daystate Merlyn owned by the late Barry Hutchins, which was very kindly gifted to me by his family after Barry sadly passed away.

Maybe all that sounds a bit morbid, but these three airguns have strong sentimental value to me, so for that reason I'd never sell any of them.

Not Guns but I've got things from passed friends I'd never part with too, when you look at them it's almost like they are there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Aaaah, Levi's or Wrangler Jean's pocket fluff, Weight vs Consistency ????????
    I won't give my entire recipe away but old tissue and dog biscuits feature heavily...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Most of the rifles I have now will one day be owned by my son, who is 9. He already loves shooting and has 'his own' rifle & air pistol.

These are my special ones...

FWB124 (Airmasters but recently glide tuned by Nick S)
    FWB127
    Webley Longbow (SFS)
    Webley Omega (Nick S glided)
    Webley Stingray Carbine (soon to be Nick S glided)
    Webley Tempest
    Webley Senior
    HW77k with Airmasters mod & 25mm internals.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I won't give my entire recipe away but old tissue and dog biscuits feature heavily...
    Excellent! Guessing you're not going to disclose the exact brand of dog biscuits then, Craig?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I have noted melted chocolate filled skirts in my time -- adds a bit of extra weight (from the uneaten piece of chocolate you forgot)

I have noted melted chocolate filled skirts in my time -- adds a bit of extra weight (from the uneaten piece of chocolate you forgot)
    My dog/Mrs/kids - and down to cousins, second removed - never, ever, forget chocolate

My dog/Mrs/kids - and down to cousins, second removed - never, ever, forget chocolate
    In the days when ( sing along at the back please ) 'A finger of Fudge is just enough to give a kid a treat !

I suspect today's Google results for said jingle (for those who were not there) may produce something a tad unsavoury

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Spare chocolate that you forgot?
    No such thing
    I am going to experiment with sawdust from my maggots this weekend
    Pete

In the days when ( sing along at the back please ) 'A finger of Fudge is just enough to give a kid a treat !

I suspect today's Google results for said jingle (for those who were not there) may produce something a tad unsavoury
    I reckon there's a five year sentence heading for anyone even Googling those words