Thread: LGV Springer moderator

LGV Springer moderator

Hi all got myself a Walter LGV .177, lovely! But would ideally like to take a bit of the report away. It’s threaded half inch unf so no worries there but what’s best?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew 3 View Post
    Hi all got myself a Walter LGV .177, lovely! But would ideally like to take a bit of the report away. It’s threaded half inch unf so no worries there but what’s best?
    The BSA VC is a bit quieter than the HW and it is made in England

Here is a pic to give you what the LGV looks like with a silencer.

I used a Swift Stumpy on mine , worked really well and kept the length down

Thanks fellas, I think the swift stumpy it is then.

Keep us updated I was thinking of one for mine as well, anymore photos would be good

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    swift stumpy, swift modular, or soundbiter.. something small
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

With such refined internals, the LGV is a springer that really makes full advantage of a silencer. I'm not sure what silencers Craig-P and Vernal have fitted on their ("Jim Tyler tune") LGVs, but they're both wonderfully quiet and refined. Possibly the most polite full power springers out there. Hopefully they'll be jumping in....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

DonnyFL very kindly gave me one of his Tanto models a few years back after I'd showcased a few of his moderators at a show - so the one wears that.
    The other wears a home made job that my mate knocked up for a powder burner. It's a solid piece made from steel and I like the forward weight.
    I'll be brutally honest and say neither mod is as good as a HW - but for some reason they tame the LGV down to PCP levels.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    swift stumpy, swift modular, or soundbiter.. something small
    Yup, there's not much volume needed to remove the sharp muzzle report on springers.
    I made a small 5cm long single chamber moderator that works well on the LGV.
    Too many airguns!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Yup, there's not much volume needed to remove the sharp muzzle report on springers.
    I made a small 5cm long single chamber moderator that works well on the LGV.

funny you mention that, I'm just about to chop a PH mod in half to achieve something nice and compact...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Well, I loosened the existing cocking aid / barrel weight by heating and a good twist. Removed the large thread protector and replaced it with a smaller one. Made an end cap with an interference tight fit. Slid the end result forward so the grub screw touches the barrel just behind the thread which gave me a 70mm long chamber and obviously made the barrel only 70 mm longer. The result is amazing! Just a quiet thud from a rifle producing a smidge under 11flb. (790 fps with 7.87 grain jsb) Very happy and thanks to all who replied to the thread.