Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossman Accupell versus Crossman Premier

Profile filled in, apologies.

Just a quickie. I beleive Air Arms, JSB and Daystate are all made by JSB. Are they all the same or are there slight differences?

cheers.

Guesty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by swedey21
    What he said..
    i ask simmons about this and they confirmed it..
    my rapid cant tell the difference.

Mine can though. It shoots Prems very well, but Accupells were by far the worst of all .20 pellets tried. Washed, sized, weighed, sorted and lubed Baracudas are marginally better though!

Guesty.

In the few Theobens I have tried Accupels,.177,.20,.22 they have all been a very loose fit. Accuracy wise they were pants through an Eliminator which loves .20 prems.
    But they produced tight groups through an old .177 Daystate, so suck it and see.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I found when I was trying prems and accupells they where both very accurate pellets not a great deal of difference in them BUT the accupells had a flyer every so often maybe 40 ish shots.
    I also found this on bisley LRG's again a fantastic pellet but the odd flyer.
    Master Debater

There is a difference between AA 5,52 and Daystate 5.52. as my PE has confirmed. I believe Daystate's and JSB's are from the same dies and AA are from a separate die.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

accupels for me.....great all round pellet...theobens love them.....there are a few duffers, but they seem to be in .177 is this caliber softer lead.....? horses for courses....!

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Don't listen to Deadeye Tom, he's talking what he says Prems are. In the right barrel they are superb, in the wrong barrel they're not. It's all down to compatability in the end. My Rapid 17 will not group well at 55 yards with the JSB pellets, but will with Premiers and Acupells. It's the same with my .177 BSA Hornet. I wish both of them shot JSBs, as they're better pellets to look at, and they're cheaper. My rifles don't look at them though, they just shoot them very well. An Air Arms 410 will probably shoot Air Arms/JSBs/Daystates better than Crosmans, but that doesn't make then crap pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham2
    Don't listen to Deadeye Tom, he's talking what he says Prems are. In the right barrel they are superb, in the wrong barrel they're not. It's all down to compatability in the end. My Rapid 17 will not group well at 55 yards with the JSB pellets, but will with Premiers and Acupells. It's the same with my .177 BSA Hornet. I wish both of them shot JSBs, as they're better pellets to look at, and they're cheaper. My rifles don't look at them though, they just shoot them very well. An Air Arms 410 will probably shoot Air Arms/JSBs/Daystates better than Crosmans, but that doesn't make then crap pellets.
    I know how you feel, I got Premiers a bit cheaper by buying 12 boxes about 3 years ago (with more than 10% off at the time). Got 5 boxes left. My Rapid is the same as yours but does not like the Accupels!

My older AR5 Ripley will group the JSBs and variants but shoots them progressively to the right? 30 yds indoors premiers are all in the 10ring of a bisley target JSBs and the rest are a small group but where the 8 ring is. Zero for than and they are to the left at 20yds by 1/2" and nearly an 1" to the right at 45 yds.
    infensus procul vox locus procul nefas vicis
    I aimed at the right place at the wrong time.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Graham2
    I agree with this. My Rapid 17 certainly preferred Accupells over AA which was very annoying. When I sold the rifle I assured the new owner that they were the best pellets in the Rapid.
    As far as the Premier/Accupell debate is concerned, I understood that the antimony content is different and that the Accupells are shipped wth a graphite lube coating which makes them filthy litte devils. My Premiers come in boxes and are dry. Mind you I have only ever used them in .20
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    As far as the Premier/Accupell debate is concerned, I understood that the antimony content is different
    That was my understanding too mate as mentioned previously. The importers, however, seem to be contradicting this theory.

Jonathan.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I used to believe the Anschutz (i.e. Theoben) Barrels loved Prems. The old Scirrocco GP was certainly fed a regular diet of either prems or Webley Mosquitos (precursor to accupels). I've recently re-aquired the old scirrocco and bought Accupells and Prems presuming that they would go best. I found that accupells were ok, prems (which were a very tight fit) were bloody awful. I suspect that Matt H can testify to that!
    In the end I thought I'd try the staple diet of my other guns, JSB derivatives, and Bob's exterminators. Surprisingly the exterminators were pretty good , better than either crossman by quite some margin. JSBs were superb, these wouldn't have been available when I had the rifle first time and I supect that I'm a lot more demanding now.
    Try everything you can through your own rifle, you never can tell

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyPatch

Just a quickie. I beleive Air Arms, JSB and Daystate are all made by JSB. Are they all the same or are there slight differences?

cheers.
    Have a look at this, interesting

http://users.skynet.be/mario.severi/...g/pellets.html
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPatch

cheers.
    This may help.

http://users.skynet.be/mario.severi/airgunning/JSB.html

jim
    ex blue job

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    There's an echo in here Jim.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    The only "competition" I would say between the two crossman pellet brands is which tin would hit the bin quickest when thrown from a distance but knowing how cr@p they are they would proberbly miss that as well.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in