Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even more hw100

Nealsey... he said it's a .22 I reckon he's getting a spread of about 18fps over 20 shots, that's way too much, as .22s usually give a smaller spread than .177s

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

HW100's are loaded with grease on the internals.

It might benefit from a de-gunking session.

If you are unhappy get it back to Hull Cartridge and get them to strip it and sort it.

You mentioned that it was accurate ?

Please define this. Is it single holing at 35 Yards in the sitting position.

If so, please remember that FPS variation plays second fiddle to accuracy. What happens to your group at 55 yards on a still windless day. if it is still tight, dont worry about FPS.

I would rather have a rifle with 20fps variation that hits the X than one with 1fps that is pepper potting.

My HW100 was also running hot - backed it off to 11.4 (or similar) and found it running at 10.3 the other day. Accuracy (in terms of grouping) was as good as ever ?
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I would shoot groups and a couple off tins of pellets 1st before going to the chrono.
    And them only out of curiosity or if there was a problem grouping.
    Master Debater

jkw111 Guest

Hull Cartridge

Talk to Dave at Hull/C; the power on mine was creeping up to illegal levels so I contacted Hull/C, was put through to Dave who without quibble arranged for Parcelforce to collect it the following day for checking and rectification.

Tinashi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkw111
    Talk to Dave at Hull/C; the power on mine was creeping up to illegal levels so I contacted Hull/C, was put through to Dave who without quibble arranged for Parcelforce to collect it the following day for checking and rectification.
    I dont think that it should be rectified as it came with a cert. declaring the power level with the same pellets i used in it so it must have been checked by them?, so i have asked for a replacement as its only 2 week old.
    Will find out monday.
    Though i think the best p/c i have had was the huntsman m2.
    Tin