Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info please? Gamo CFX dreaded rotary breach seal damaged

pupa Guest

Info please? Gamo CFX dreaded rotary breach seal damaged

Hi please help
    I need stripdown information and advise how to replace the rotary breach seal (front) on a Gamo CF-X. Who can e-mail me a copy of Phil Bulmer's stripdown. I tried to reach him to no avail!
    Thanx in advance

pupa Guest
    Message on this forum
    21-01-2006, 11:43 PM
    Phil Bulmer

:
    Originally Posted by Whippet.22
    Did Phil Bulmer ever do a stripdown of the Gamo CFX?

No I've not done one of these, but I'll consider it as a priority now.

Phil

[QUOTE=Phil Bulmer]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bulmer

Done it.

March or April issue. Nice gun by the way. A sort of BSA Superstar Gamo CF cross. As plastic stocks go it's one of the better ones.

Phil
    From this I gather it is still due March or April.. Not? Please advise if known\
    By the way I am in South Africa, I hope I can get this magazine!

Ideot Savant Guest
    PM me regarding the mag.

pupa Guest
    No Reply yet?

nelsdad is offline Jings crivens an' help ma boab!
    Gentlemen, if you log on to the El Gamo website it will give you an exploded drawing of the CFX along with other guns. The CFX is a very standard springer, don't be scared to strip it down, its not difficult.
    Bill

Wodnesfelde Guest

I have a copy here

Pupa,

I have a copy here in Canada. I could scan it and send a .pdf to you if you want. PM me your e-mail address and I will see if I can sort it tomorrow.

Just one point: he wonders whther the CFX's loading bay is the same unit as was used on the BSA Superstar. It isn't.

Btw:
    One trick both rifles can very occasionally pull is you load them properly but the pellet slides back (presumably because the rifle has inadvertently been tipped up a little too much during the process) while the rotary breech is being closed... which of course results in an impressively loud dry-fire and an unharmed pellet sitting there in the loading bay when the rifle is re-cocked and the bay rotated open.
    Gamo say the odd dry-firing does not harm their rifles, BSA instructions say not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forth
    Just one point: he wonders whther the CFX's loading bay is the same unit as was used on the BSA Superstar. It isn't.

I]
    It may not be exactly the same (breech unit) but it's darn close. You wouldn't want to mix the two together.

How do you know they're not the same, have you compared them? (serious question, not a defensive face saving rant )

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

How do you know they're not the same, have you compared them? (serious question, not a defensive face saving rant
    I've got both rifles, CFX Royal and BSA Superstar, in .22.
    The loading tray on the CFX is shiny, slightly deeper and plain; while the Superstar's non-shiny finish has a shallow curved groove to assist pellet loading (found it makes no appreciable difference).

Not got the rifles to hand as I type this, so can't compare the diameters.

Micky Spillane Guest
    I think the description of the Gamos loading tray/port resembles the Airsporter RB2 which was an earlier development and was bright metal.

Pictures of a BSA Silverstar (http://www.galeon.com/todoaire/bssilver/bsass.htm) looked like a halfway between Superstar and CFX.
    Last edited by Forth; 23-03-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Silverstar, never see any of those on here do you, must be damn rare.

looks like a cf30/superstar

pupa Guest
    Nope it's official! None of the local ZA distributors stock "Airgun World". Pity!
    So I am relient on the good Samaritan Airgun hobbyists to scan and e-mail me a copy! Thanx to those who PM'd me with advise and I hope to hear from you soon
    I normally shoot varmint! Rats only ATM and really need my Rifle. Cannot take it to gun repair shops as either they are not interested (only sales and no spares) or the value of part (they do not have) is to small compared to the cost of the service and would take too long to get seal. I will have to import seal myself it seems! but then I might as well look at some more items to make it worth my while. Like nightsight. Any suggestions!
    Last edited by pupa; 23-03-2006 at 11:01 AM.

pupa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsdad
    Gentlemen, if you log on to the El Gamo website it will give you an exploded drawing of the CFX along with other guns. The CFX is a very standard springer, don't be scared to strip it down, its not difficult.
    Sorry cannot find; have any link? I can only register on Club Gammo ala Italiano me not comprehenda!