Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my S410 for those who wanted to see it.

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...

Cool Pics of my S410 for those who wanted to see it.

Right, a few of you have been asking about my S410, which has deviated somewhat from the standard rifle. Well, here we are a few quick snaps.

Left side...

Right side...

A few details to go with the pics. The stock rifle is a .177 Air Arms S410 fitted with a Simmons WTC 3.5-10x50 scope (both from the Portsmouth Gun Centre). To that I added a second hand beech stock (off the BBS, can't remember who from though) which went through my Uncle's car body shop to be painted black and laquered. Next step was the addition of a custom silencer adaptor in stainless steel (from Leupy) and an 8" BBMF silencer (from a MVAC club member). Next addition was a pair of side mounted QD swivel studs and an Uncle Mike's black sling (again from the Pompey Gun Centre), then followed an adjustable butt plate (from BAR), a second hand Harris bipod (from Town & Country in Botley). The last touch (well, once I'd Dremeled my scope mounts back to silver) were the stainless bolt handle and trigger guard (from The Birdman).

Overall, I'm happy with the result, I now have a rifle that fits my BBS name .
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Its a beaut!

Is that BBMF any good? i had one on a raider and it was so much quiter than a logun

DJP Guest
    Wow! That's got me thinking!

RochdaleLad Guest
    Ooh, very SWAT'y, Scott

I was contemplating either getting a black synthetic stock made, or doing the same as you with a tatty beech stock. Just because I prefer black to beech

I'm having the cylinder and barrel re-blued soon, as the quality of the AA blueing is frankly appaling. It's being done in a matt-blue, to more closely match the parkerized finish of the action. And because I don't really care for deep, shiney gloss blueing anyway

Good stuff, mate. Thanks for sharing the pics. Not to everyone's taste perhaps, but I'm lovin' it.

David.

hey mate, was the gun stripped before the paint was applied?
    methinks i want to have a go at it

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Delve
    Is that BBMF any good? i had one on a raider and it was so much quiter than a logun
    Yup, it cuts the report down to almost nothing. The only downside to the BBMF is that it makes the rifle very front-heavy. I have a smaller, quieter silencer available, but after an accident with a cloth and some isopropyl alcohol, it needs repainting before I'll let it anywhere near my baby .
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Quote Originally Posted by welsh shooter
    hey mate, was the gun stripped before the paint was applied?
    methinks i want to have a go at it
    Actually no it wasn't. The stock on the gun now is a second hand one I bought off the BBS, while that was in the garage getting painted up, I left the original stock on the gun. Once the new one was ready, it was a simple swapover. I still have the original (untouched) beech stock, but I'm keeping that in case the rifle ever needs to go in for a service or repair, I'm not risking that paint job in the post!
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

BIg_Dave Guest
    that has go me thinking as well -- mine now looks a bit plain

how much did it cost to have done?

Quote Originally Posted by welsh shooter
    how much did it cost to have done?
    Do you mean the paint job or the whole conversion?

The paintwork wasn't too expensive, in fact it only cost me two pints of IPA beer . That's the beauty of having a relative in the automotive business. I suppose any garage could paint it up for you, but I've no idea what it would cost.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

no worries, i got a mate who works in a spraying booth , i think ill give him a ring now

Watch this space

For those of you who are seriously considering doing a few 'mods' to your S410s, here's a good place to start. I've dealt with Pete before and he's a good seller, also a master at wrapping things! Took me hours to get to my CO2 Winchester when it arrived .
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RochdaleLad
    Ooh, very SWAT'y, Scott

I was contemplating either getting a black synthetic stock made, or doing the same as you with a tatty beech stock. Just because I prefer black to beech

I'm having the cylinder and barrel re-blued soon, as the quality of the AA blueing is frankly appaling. It's being done in a matt-blue, to more closely match the parkerized finish of the action. And because I don't really care for deep, shiney gloss blueing anyway
    David.
    Dave,

While i'm re-blueing the action, you can drop me your stock as well if you decide to go all black with it, you know what i used to do for a living before my previous job, still have access to spray guns, airline & compressor too, can give it a sturdy 2pack finish if you so desire.

RochdaleLad Guest
    Ey up

That'll do nicely mate, will talk on MSN

cooky Guest
    Very how shall i say it

CLASSY LOOKING