Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have DJ Litts gone bust?????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    who are litts ?
    D J LITTS NEWPORT. Gun dealers.
    www.litts.co.uk

Litt's seemed to advertise an awful lot. I'm guessing that a good percentage of their business was via mail order. It's probable that the VCR Act has had a great effect.

This does highlight the fact that we have to support our gunshops or we will lose them. JSR must have lost turnover due to the Act but as a first class supplier it looks like he will be able to carry on without selling airguns.

Pity to see any business go under.

ATB
    Ray.

ah well, what goes around comes around

I dont think Litts will be the only one to close. Due to the vcr bill, The sale of airguns is now limited to the shop's local community. The loss of mail order sales has got to be offset by increasing the price of guns sold locally. I'm now looking at buying used rather than new. The knock on effect will also hit manufactuers. At least a couple of shops have had the foresight to find a loophole in the law and offer delivery to your door and thus complete the sale f2f in your home, Although the delivery charges are quite high it looks to be the way forward, for the time being anyway.

I'm gutted if this is true. I've been going to Litts since I was a little boy. The service was often shocking but generally the guys in the shop were very helpful.

Half in Torquay, half in a wood in north Worcester
    I don't think the VCR Act will have been a significant factor in Litts' case - airguns and airgun paraphenalia have only ever been a marginal part of their business at best - they are/were mainly into high end shotguns and sporting rifles, along with FAC/shotgun related kit.

I agree that service was generally bleedin' awful - I recently went in to buy some new boots (size 10), having checked beforehand that they were in stock - when I got there, the bloke behind the counter produced size 11 only and got the hump with me for having the gall to be fed up with having made a 50 mile drive for nothing...

Adam.
    Serial .300 Win' Mag' fondler

Litts problems were from very bad investments. Made most money from shotties and firearms.

litts bust

surprised at that considering the prices and level of rudeness wether you bought for airguns or firearms you had to wave your cash in thier face to get any kind of polite service .
    Prices were only ok if they had an offer on what you wanted .
    Brian:

If things were that bad I cant understand why they were taking out two and even three page ads in things like the ST, and even having competitions like 'Win a Rizzini' on their website

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker24seven View Post
    If things were that bad I cant understand why they were taking out two and even three page ads in things like the ST, and even having competitions like 'Win a Rizzini' on their website
    i expect they owe for the ads too, and as for the win a rizzini, did anyone?

i would imagine they have left a lot of people in some financial difficulty, others will be able to swallow their losses, others may not be so lucky

Quote Originally Posted by arrows180 View Post
    At least a couple of shops have had the foresight to find a loophole in the law and offer delivery to your door and thus complete the sale f2f in your home, Although the delivery charges are quite high it looks to be the way forward, for the time being anyway.
    I can expect Sportsman Gun Centre and Helston Gunsmiths to deliver to my door then? Cool!
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

ill ring my mate , he works there

is it well prove me wrong gary c
    Cz 22 lr with 3-12×56 lanber 12g o/u DSC level 1 and 2
    Howa 1500 243 with atn x sight 2 NV Remmington 700 308
    Howa 1500 30-06 with atn x sight 2 NV smith & wesson 38/357 humain killer

For those interested Administrators are Deloite + Touche
    Blenheim House
    Fitzalan Court
    Newport Road
    Cardiff
    UNITED KINGDOM
    CF24 0TS
    Telephone Number: +44 (0)29 2048 1111
    Fax Number: +44 (0)29 2048 2615
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    D J LITTS NEWPORT. Gun dealers.
    www.litts.co.uk
    Now "Gone Dealers"?

Oh I'm sorry black humour is not allowed on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.