Thread: Think I want a pistol .... Again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Hi

I think paid £80 for THIS at the Melbourne vintage fayre, Have to say it's a great pistol/carbine!

I holds a heap of BB's and will shoot them at around 500fps as fast as you can operate the trigger! In the U.S. they're ful;l auto but we're not allowed full auto so there's ploates covering the switch for full/semi auto and the burst rate

The stock and extension simply pulls out to make it an out and out pistol

I'm not sure how common they are to find though

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi

I think paid £80 for THIS at the Melbourne vintage fayre, Have to say it's a great pistol/carbine!

I holds a heap of BB's and will shoot them at around 500fps as fast as you can operate the trigger! In the U.S. they're ful;l auto but we're not allowed full auto so there's ploates covering the switch for full/semi auto and the burst rate

John
    That's a bargain for a Drozd. Fun things.

The Crosman 357 (Python/Diamondback lookalike) is very plastic. But surprisingly reliable and accurate for a cheap thing. I prefer the Umarex 5/686, but they cost a lot more.

Also look at the old Gamo 77, PT80. And the Crosman 1008 and CB40. Good used bargains.

The Baikal MP651k is a very good pistol. Used recently to be about £80 new from SGC. My top choice for a cheap CO2 plinker.

I think you'd get more out of the above pellet-firers than some BB thing. Both can shoot into less than 1.5" at 10 yards with the right technique and ammunition.

In general, I'd say avoid the blowback BB guns as they are expensive for what they are, inaccurate, waste gas, and often malfunction or break. None of the airsoft-based revolvers (DW, "Webley" etc) that I have handled have impressed me with their long-term durability.

Others will have different opinions.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi

John
    Thought it was going to be the "Doller" John !
    Very dangerous weapon !
    “An airgun or two”………