Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
Well, Sagres for one is at least reporting he has achieved it. (See the 1st post on this thread) I haven't witnessed it for myself obviously and so I suppose his claim will also be poo-pood also but I have no reason to disbelieve him, who would risk their repution by making unatainable claims
I dont believe its possible every time.. form, conditions and a fair bit of luck may come into it but keep plugging away and eventually a group could well fall into these parameters. I dont recall Harry saying he did it every time either like some seem to be suggesting.
You don't recall..therefore it didn't happen?

I pulled Harry on several things, clear lies.

1. I watched his boasts and pulled him when he suggested that you can effectively walk up, sit down, judge the wind and hit a 1" target at 150 yards

2. I pulled him when he claimed to have killed many rabbits over 100 yards and never missed one.

If you believe either of those things mate you're a little naive.

I agree with Sagres on the possibility, I've produced great groups at very long ranges which were satisfying. But like sagres it took me a lot of attempts.

I've also hunted for years out to 80 yards and watched small wind variances move the pellets. I have NO problem with people claiming super accurate technique, super accurate guns, perfect pellets. Way beyond my ability - but that's no reason to decry it. It's the wind that stops you being able to produce that perfect shot to order.

Harry asserts you can read the wind. I say you can't at that distance. I have a grand that says that nobody else can.