Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest multi shot pcp a bit better than Gamo or NP 02

Cheapest multi shot pcp a bit better than Gamo or NP 02

What the cheapest multi shot pcp a bit better than Gamo Phox / G40 / Kral np o2

Not too big - as in not long, not excessively heavy
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post

My Daystate MK4 in .22 Only thing is that it's a lot better,well to me as I've never shot the guns you have mentioned. Send pm for more info if interested .

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post

i wish to give an answer but never shot this gun

SMK P15.
    Not sure of price comparison.
    NP-02 is good though.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

you seem to have been put off by 1 comment about the phox regarding poor accuracy around the barrel band.Whilst i agree the barrel band is utterly useless and more of a hindrance they shoot far better just by removing them as i agree they are tatally crap.Made of plastic and doesnt grip properly.Took me a while to figure out until i delved deeper into the tinterweb and see alot of owners remove them completely...they truly are pathetic...and as a bonus you can use the same screw from the barrel band to replace the 2nd stage trigger screw to adjust as sweetly as you like(see airgun depot on yt).
    umarex perfecta .177 ww tuned,spring kit & trigger,bsa 3-9x40 bsa essential ao
    Smk xs19 .177,ww kit,ww trigger,o-ring piston head,Nikko 6x40 PX ao
    Ratworks gamo phox .177,bsa essential wr 3x9x40

Artemis (Fart&Miss) Model 16D. There an article in this months Airgun Shooter about them. Im picking off Polo mints outdoors (on a rest) @ 48 yards. Regulated, magazine or single shot tray. Come with a shrouded silenced barrel plus a silencer. If you shop around you can get them for under £400 new.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yes, I saw that, wondered who the striking looking gentleman was

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Artemis (Fart&Miss) Model 16D. There an article in this months Airgun Shooter about them. Im picking off Polo mints outdoors (on a rest) @ 48 yards. Regulated, magazine or single shot tray. Come with a shrouded silenced barrel plus a silencer. If you shop around you can get them for under £400 new.

HTH
    Ian
    yes, poor mans rapid - they do look good value...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Yes, I saw that, wondered who the striking looking gentleman was
    Autographs are available - for a small charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yes, poor mans rapid - they do look good value...
    They are exceedingly good value. Theres four in our club and as far as I know they have all behaved faultlessly. The triggers, when they arrive can be a bit indifferent but they are easy to adjust to make them good without having to take the stock off. The barrel have a habit of coming loose. No probs. 5 mins work and a dab of Locktight. There is no A.T. Shot count is low at around 100.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 06-12-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Bit of an update
    So I bought a GX 40 at a great price from the seemingly happy and helpful Range and Country in Sleaford at a time that slotted in between lockdowns (so responsibly)
    Pointy, light, and trigger quite pleasant with a quick adjustment. Power 10.6 to 11.1 with Hades, a little disappointing but OK. I didn't experiment with 18 grns etc as pretty much a rat gun, plus odd rabbit, and it was super accurate with Hades, of which I have plenty.
    The make a decent sized hole in 22, being an upper medium weight pellet ...that's it really -

Unfortunately, it did have a mag feed issue as the mag appears held by a flimsy bit of plastic rather than a solid bolted in to place 'bar' on bolt side of breach like the BSA pcp's

It took a while to get organised enough to return it, and it has been confirmed as faulty.
    I am looking forward to the replacement, I might have ben a bit gutted if I paid £440 / + but at the right price very good value for money.
    The stock is very nicely made for a synthetic - very solid. Accurate, definitely erring a bit too much on side of caution like most new pcp's now output wise, but that's not just Gamo is it -

For a permanent mating with a Yukon, I think a good choice - balances up very nicely. I also found a cheap basic sak mod matches perfectly - very very quiet, then again it's barrel is more 'full length' than many rifles, so that helps.

A very 'manageable' and likeable rifle all in all, with some signs of production cost cuts if pitched at it's price appropriate 'budget' selling price-all good

Range and Country have take it on the chin and thus far been straightforward to deal with. Will update again once replacement here, this time feeding correctly without having to partially withdraw mag while pushing bolt back in - a kind of Houdini like loading trick !

Hello, a FX T 12 is all you need,

Artemis m16 great airgun can't fault the one I have as accurate and consistent as any high end pcp they really are that good.

Dave.

With both IJ and Dave saying M16 ....
    I nearly did go that way -
    In the end I went for made in UK ����
    Out of shooting gear I’ve bought - Japanese, USA, Czech German and a Chinese C02, I did actually value supporting UK based manufacture (even if a couple of Spanish playboy types end up with the big profits)
    Hoping my faith is rewarded, both in Range and Country, and in ‘Brum’ ��

So replacement arrived. although I haven't had chance to sight in yet (thus check barrel) this one feeds perfectly (the plastic bar opposite mag insertion side of breach is rock solid)

Chrono's nicely too 11.1 from 180 bar to 11.6 tops with most efficient pellets so much better than two new BSA's I bought.

I'm glad I chose Brum built Gamo, and commend Range and Country for rapidly sorting out a faulty rifle, with a straight swap, no sending back to BSA/Gamo etc, just said sorry and got it sorted

I do wish shops would check stuff a bit more carefully if travelling a distance to collect stuff, however it is an 'odd time' and has been for ages.

For the great price at that dealer, a fantastic buy

I will update again once confirmed barrel as good as last one (no reason to think not)

I’d love to know where you can get a M16D for under £400. Anyone know?