Thread: How do you know a scope is good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

zeiss

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Thats great. I'm a real fan of this Zeiss line. I really like their Z-Plex in the field. Target Benchrest shooters might want even thinner reticule but then they can faff all day long to take their shot.

I had two HD5's one a 44 the other a 50, both with locking target turrets and the plex. I kept the 44 as it was just a little jem and optically not over stretched having highest mag at x16. Had it on my Annie HMR though I rarely used the target turrets after a while. Most of the time set at x8 though for the long shots there was the option to crank up; though the FOV got a bit tight at that x16. Absolutely rock solid.
    They now do a fine centre crosshair for target shooters. I went with the 65 ret which has a very fine crosshair as i do some BR. Here's a link to pdf file for available reticles. (tells you whether suitable for target shooting etc)

https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/co...amphlet_us.pdf
    Last edited by old barn; 13-02-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by old barn View Post
    They now do a fine centre crosshair for target shooters. I went with the 65 ret which has a very fine crosshair as i do some BR. Here's a link to pdf file for available reticles. (tells you whether suitable for target shooting etc)

https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/co...amphlet_us.pdf
    Is that you Hants? Have you just joined on here ?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired