Thread: Best Webley Rifle made?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley

Tommie could do 27 ft lbs. Funny enough had the same length cylinder as a Mach 1. Mach 1.5

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post

Tommie could do 27 ft lbs. Funny enough had the same length cylinder as a Mach 1. Mach 1.5
    Going by the swept volume, I don't doubt it whatsoever, but given the weight, I'll bet the Tommy is simply appalling to shoot at that level in the same way that my Patriot back in the day, was imo dreadful at that level, and above (and the Patriot carried several extra lbs to absorb the extra recoil, too) ...

Being a 'once seasoned' F.A.C. rated recoiling air rifle shooter, as with my old F.A.C. rated .22 HW80K, my F.A.C. rated Theoben Eliminator in .20 (which I had happily set at 18ft.lb), and my aforementioned fettled 22ft.lb .25 F.A.C. Patriot, in my calculated opinion (although am the first to admit I have not actually shot one set to F.A.C. levels), I believe the F.A.C. Tommy needs to be set below 22ft.lb to give good accuracy, consistency, and smoothness of use (but what do I know )?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Going by the swept volume, I don't doubt it whatsoever, but given the weight, I'll bet the Tommy is simply appalling to shoot at that level in the same way that my Patriot back in the day, was imo dreadful at that level, and above (and the Patriot carried several extra lbs to absorb the extra recoil, too) ...

Being a 'once seasoned' F.A.C. rated recoiling air rifle shooter, as with my old F.A.C. rated .22 HW80K, my F.A.C. rated Theoben Eliminator in .20 (which I had happily set at 18ft.lb), and my aforementioned fettled 22ft.lb .25 F.A.C. Patriot, in my calculated opinion (although am the first to admit I have not actually shot one set to F.A.C. levels), I believe the F.A.C. Tommy needs to be set below 22ft.lb to give good accuracy, consistency, and smoothness of use (but what do I know )?
    What exactly is the stroke and bore of the Tommy? 27 ft/lb sounds a bit much for a .22 also is the TP long?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    What exactly is the stroke and bore of the Tommy? 27 ft/lb sounds a bit much for a .22 also is the TP long?
    Just found the bore/stroke it's 27 mm bore and 100 mm stroke that's 57.2 cm about the same as the 80 and even the Diana 350 with 70.8 cm would really struggle to get 27 ft/ lb, and the patriot is 84.5 cm

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post

Just found the bore/stroke it's 27 mm bore and 100 mm stroke that's 57.2 cm about the same as the 80 and even the Diana 350 with 70.8 cm would really struggle to get 27 ft/ lb, and the patriot is 84.5 cm
    Hi Barry, thanks for finding those stats, as supports my calculated best guess as to the Tommy's performance @ 27ft.lb based on my 'real time' experiences of owning and shooting an array of F.A.C. rated recoiling break-barrel air rifles: appreciated.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Good enough for me

Hi all,
    The Patriot has been called a bucket of spanners and worse but if you care to persevere and ACCEPT that with power comes some recoil it will shoot. If I can figure out to post a image (just signed up with Postimage).

Cheers a Merry Christmas to all
    pjinoz

Quote Originally Posted by pjinoz View Post

Hi all,
    The Patriot has been called a bucket of spanners and worse but if you care to persevere and ACCEPT that with power comes some recoil it will shoot. If I can figure out to post a image (just signed up with Postimage).

Cheers a Merry Christmas to all
    pjinoz
    That's why I have defended The Patriot throughout this thread -- although as a seasoned F.A.C. Recoiling air rifle shooter, do please heed my words well when I say Patriots sing best from the perspective of handling, accuracy, and consistency, set around the 22ft.lb mark (and yes, I have tried a Pat above 28ft.lb and it was/they are horrible at that). Atb: G.