Quote Originally Posted by markus2066 View Post
I was leaning away from a single shot pistol but looking at it I am now quite interested in the 2240 I do like the sound of the tuning and customisation options as I am a bit of a tinkerer, they are also very cheap and doesn't look like there is much to go wrong. Is anyone able to give me a figure of shots per cylinder for this?

Once I have enough posts i'll check the for sale section for the 2240 you mention Tony.T, out of interest do you recall how much is going for?

Also thanks for the advice on getting it chrono'ed, generally speaking how do "most" pistols stand up to the 6ft.bl limit do many fall well below or sit around a safe 5.5 or something?

Upon reflection I do think a single shot bolt action would be nice and easy to reload and remove the temptation to go nuts and shoot like crazy and go through lots of canisters and pellets......

Thanks again everyone
Ok - the bog standard 2240 is quite cheap, but once you start adding bits to it and customising it, the costs can spiral wildly out of control, to the point where you could have bought a very good quality target pistol instead. For some (like me!) the modding is all part of the fun so I don't mind so much that I have ended up with some very expensive CO2 guns. If you are a practical sort who likes to tinker then it may be for you. If you are looking for a solid single investment then it may not. I have to disagree with Aimstraight in that I think the problox are absolute crap. The only sensible way of geting a scope or red dot on a 2240 is to buy a metal breech, which incurs further expense. Standard metal breech and new probe will run you about £50. Multishot breech the best part of £100. 2240 triggers are also crap as standard, sorting that out is going to cost you extra.

Don't get me wrong, I have three 22xx guns and am currently building a fourth, but it does not represent value for money; you really need to know what you're letting yourself in for.

The new CP1 is basically a re-engineered 2240, but with proper sights and rails, and an acceptable trigger from the get-go.

As far as power goes, nearly all of the revolver type multishots (including the umarex 1911 and CP88, because internally they are revolvers) are quite low powered. 3 ft/lb would be very good for them. But that's not really what they are all about.