Thread: Airguns you have bought....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Oh crikey this is going to be a fair old list

1) Edgun Leshiy Classic
    Felt like a big pistol, awkward for bench rested shooting (yes I know they are a off hand hunter really) also extremely expensive with such a mediocre trigger and I didn’t feel it was good VFM even when they were cheaper a few years ago but nowadays insane money

2) TX200 as AB states unwieldy and awkward which gets tiresome but a damn fine rifle on all other aspects.

3) Prosport, tiresome awkward cocking with prolonged use and I’m still not convinced with the aesthetics mirroring the side profile of a dolphins snout

4) HW95 lovely rifle but always felt something is not quite right be it the cylinder length and stock fit to the tendency of being hold sensitive had some right dogs but also some when worked on were much better.

5) HW57 they could be great but in reality they are bleeding awful even had a glided full monty setup but still found it crap.

6) HW25 the worst trigger I’ve ever used on a Herman it would rival something from the Far East

7) HW30 worst gaulling I’ve ever known on a Herman and I’ve never been convinced with the ball bearing lockup. or piddly trigger block screw but apart from that nice little rifles but unfortunately I just don’t trust them or more so that lockup.

8) HW90 tried a few from new out the box to oldies but still don’t like them far too heavy and that firing cycle is a huge migraine starter after prolonged use.

9) Theoben rammers Fenman/Evo had a few really want to love them but I just can’t do that outlay for a hernia inducing experience with such a mediocre trigger as it really spoils the enjoyment.

That's a fair few, Nick. But then you've had a fair few.
    I think I agree with you and AB about the TX. I'll never sell mine, and it's very accurate, but feels "clumpy", clunks and doesn't feel as natural to me as a 77/97.
    Agree on the 99.

Ones I sold in quick time.....not that many.....a Crosman Vigilante pistol that just wouldn't group and, back in the early 80s, a Vulcan Mk II (mainly due to the trigger).

P.S.....I can't quite remember now what the Vulcan's replacement was. It was either my first HW80 (which I still have) or a FWB127 Sport. As said, mainly due to reservations over the trigger and barrel pivot pin. In recent years I have had the pleasure of trying a few sorted Vulcans at Bash events and find them characterful and pleasurable. Maybe the nostalgia kicking in? But I'd be more than happy to give one a home now.
    Last edited by TonyL; 17-04-2024 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Vulcan.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!