Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mtc optics 6-24x56ir

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icarusyankee625 View Post
    I know MTC claim all their scopes are rated up to .50BMG, but then so do others and I've been caught before.....

Thanks for your view though.

Totally agree, what do I know? With their reputation for false claims and poor customer service you can't be too careful can you?

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    They were designed for C/F use
    I know MTC claim all their scopes are rated up to .50BMG, but then so do others and I've been caught before.....

Thanks for your view though.
    Totally agree, what do I know? With their reputation for false claims and poor customer service you can't be too careful can you?
    ROTFL

Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Touchy aren't we Mr Cooper? An MTC scope is on my list of possibles but I've never seen one in the flesh and know little about them beyond your adverts, hence my enquiries.

Gary C Guest
    Touchy aren't we Mr Cooper?

Nope

If I was I'd have flamed you. My remark was fairly tongue in cheek, perhaps you could help yourself by having a drive down here and checking the whole range out, then examining the unconditional guarantee and talking to some of the big bore shooters on here like Baz, Amcodave or Dogfox who have used them.

Nope

If I was I'd have flamed you. My remark was fairly tongue in cheek, perhaps you could help yourself by having a drive down here and checking the whole range out, then examining the unconditional guarantee and talking to some of the big bore shooters on here like Baz, Amcodave or Dogfox who have used them.
    Might just take you up on that...

Touchy aren't we Mr Cooper? An MTC scope is on my list of possibles but I've never seen one in the flesh and know little about them beyond your adverts, hence my enquiries.

As well as talking to Baz and DOGFOX you can talk to me.. i cant afford to get booted off jobs like golf courses because of equipment failure..

Martin
    Last edited by marty; 16-04-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo (its late ;))

mtc

great scope, even a newby can recognise the build quality, crisp optics and accurate turrets....the reticle is a close as you get to perfect suiting most applications from air-rifles to rimmies....bet it could take a .50 cal barrett!! anyone tried......
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

I'm on my fourth Viper, a 4-16 x 50 model and have just mounted it on my rimmie which had a Bushnell Elite 6-24 x 40 SF before. Prefer the Viper.

The 6-24 x 56 Viper is a cracking scope as well, just too much for my rimmie. Even if I wanted to, couldn't fault any of the Vipers.

MTC optics

I had a viper to try a couple of years ago, not a bad scope for the money, until it comes to dawn and dusk, and that is where mine failed, (white-out).

Iknow of several other MTC owners at present, who have the same problems.

Me and a mate were out shooting rabbits around a christmas tree plantation a few weeks ago. His .22 hornet was wearing a 6-24 viper, and was alright until the light started to go, then the image in his viper started to take on a pinkish hue, followed a few minutes later by a total "white-out", which cut his shooting short by a good 1/2 hour. This makes me conclude that perhaps the lens coatings could be improved on,to make what is generally a decent scope for those on a budget.
    6mm BR, Lawton Action ,Kreiger BarreL lazzeroni thumbhole Stock, Jewel Trigger, 6.5-24x50 Zeiss/drone prox10, tikka t3 super varmnt.223 vortex viper HST 6-24x50, /drone prox10, cz .22lr

I have used MTC scopes on centre fire rifles, on a .243 and a 30-06, they worked just fine, excellent scopes for the money

Quote Originally Posted by simon bmann View Post
    I have used MTC scopes on centre fire rifles, on a .243 and a 30-06, they worked just fine, excellent scopes for the money

Exactly right Simon,"for the money", Just depends what you want out of a scope.
    6mm BR, Lawton Action ,Kreiger BarreL lazzeroni thumbhole Stock, Jewel Trigger, 6.5-24x50 Zeiss/drone prox10, tikka t3 super varmnt.223 vortex viper HST 6-24x50, /drone prox10, cz .22lr

Must say that I've had (& still have!) several Vipers & Mambas & that I've never experienced whiteout, pinkout nor any other kind of out!

The glass isn't as clear as my Lightstream, but there's very little in it....& the Lightstream is over £400 nowadays. So I can't really agree with "all right for a budget scope" either!

Only my opinion!

ATB

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    Must say that I've had (& still have!) several Vipers & Mambas & that I've never experienced whiteout, pinkout nor any other kind of out!

The glass isn't as clear as my Lightstream, but there's very little in it....& the Lightstream is over £400 nowadays. So I can't really agree with "all right for a budget scope" either!

Only my opinion!

ATB

Ken
    Try looking through a Zeiss, S&B, Nightforce, Swaro etc at dusc and under the lamp and compare them to what you have you will see the difference.

Hi mate

I wasn't disputing the clarity/class of high end optics, but I don't choose to take a second mortgage to pay for them. Others obviously do....... & hey that's their privilege too. The issue was simply that I've never suffered whiteout with MTC 'scopes (either at dawn, dusk, rain or shine!)...that's all!

ATB

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post

Only my opinion!

ATB

Ken

Ken ,then read the other thread running in this forum, perhaps it's not just my eyes then

atb.