Thread: A new BSA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Now here's an idea with all the talk up above mentioning John Bowkett and the Airsporter.

Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?
    I like your thinking Tone

I once owned a spitfire (bought as spares repairs) opened it up for a mooch and decided someone else can put it back together to get it working correctly

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I like your thinking Tone

I once owned a spitfire (bought as spares repairs) opened it up for a mooch and decided someone else can put it back together to get it working correctly

I reckon slightly more compact dimensions and about a pound lighter than an Airsporter should do the trick, Nick.

I remember having a go with Les Allam's Spitfire at a Bash. Lovely. I then cocked and loaded it (so as not to get rumbled) and handed it to John, blackrider, to try this "tuned Supersport". The look on his face was priceless!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!