Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "The Air Gun as a Serious Weapon" by H Marks

It's over, the decent people won Live with it

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    It's over, the decent people won Live with it
    If by "won" you mean the deluded remain snugly wrapped in their comfort blanket of ignorance and bleating repeatedly the mantra of 'my gun is not a weapon' whilst ignoring common sense and the law of the land - then you live the fantasy...

Webley senior

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Talking of deluded... my Webley Senior was not designed to, nor has ever been used to, inflict bodily harm or physical damage (except to paper). Ergo it is not a weapon. The same can be said for all of my airguns.

Then again, if a Webley Senior was used to bludgeon someone to death, it could fairly be called the murder weapon.
    Hi Garvin, you have got it all wrong! the webley senior was never meant to be an air pistol , it was designed to be a hammer! that's why there are always bits missing at the base of pistol grips.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    If by "won" you mean the deluded remain snugly wrapped in their comfort blanket of ignorance and bleating repeatedly the mantra of 'my gun is not a weapon' whilst ignoring common sense and the law of the land - then you live the fantasy...
    Harvey, I do live in fantasy land, but the fantasy doesn't involve guns Knee length boots, whips, masks and suzzies

The women aren't bad either

Now I am putting my fingers in my ears and not listening to anymore of your nonsense

So correct YOU OLD FART

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Willie Whitelaw wasn't Home Secretary in 1968 or 1969. Labour were in power then and Jim Callaghan was Home Secretary. Whitelaw had nothing to do with changes to the law on firearms.
    Politicians - they all look the same to me .
    You are correct of course Show your age :

http://legislation.data.gov.uk/cy/uk....htm?wrap=true

I love all AIR-WEAPONS , BIG AORWPONS AND SMALL AURWAPINS ....sorry I just had to got round somebody's idea of blanket banning the word a.i.r.w.e.a.p.o.n. on this forum .

The Law is very clear on the matter .

Despite all the gassing over sensibilities , try and argue any of these fanciful day dream ideas with a POLICE OFFICER .
    Nobody cares a monkeys about us , our lost in the mists of childhood ideas of collecting and using airguns ... an airgun is an A.I.R.W.E.A.P.O.N. to the only people that matter these days ( the ones that can handcuff / tazer/ gas you ) ....The Law .

You won't win any argument to the contrary with them .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 22-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.

lets take a vote

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Politicians - they all look the same to me .
    You are correct of course Show your age :

http://legislation.data.gov.uk/cy/uk....htm?wrap=true

I love all AIR-WEAPONS , BIG AORWPONS AND SMALL AURWAPINS ....sorry I just had to got round somebody's idea of blanket banning the word a.i.r.w.e.a.p.o.n. on this forum .

The Law is very clear on the matter .

Despite all the gassing over sensibilities , try and argue any of these fanciful day dream ideas with a POLICE OFFICER .
    Nobody cares a monkeys about us , our lost in the mists of childhood ideas of collecting and using airguns ... an airgun is an A.I.R.W.E.A.P.O.N. to the only people that matter these days ( the ones that can handcuff / tazer/ gas you ) ....The Law .

You won't win any argument to the contrary with them .
    Calm down, chill , relax,
    Hello again, I've only been on this forum for about a week, & am feeling really guilty about stirrings things up ! I can't sleep at night! please help? When I read the rules/introduction etc. does it not mention something about a vote or poll?
    Could one of you more computer knowing people set up a vote? ie: is an air gun a weapon? or not?

second thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    Hello again, I've only been on this forum for about a week, & am feeling really guilty about stirrings things up ! I can't sleep at night! please help? When I read the rules/introduction etc. does it not mention something about a vote or poll?
    Could one of you more computer knowing people set up a vote? ie: is an air gun a weapon? or not?
    second thought's I say no, this debate is getting boring , we all no what we feel inside! & we perceive our toys to be toys,
    But ! OMG 50th edition of "Action Man" "WHAT " !!! -- some sort of "f" baller [honestly, what is the world coming to?]

Just looked at the title of this thread and remembered a 'Guns and Ammo' US Magazine (still going) article from about 1977 with the airgun as a home defence weapon !!!!!

seemed to remember the BSA Scorpion and Webley Premier were the favoured tools.

Strange really as the Americans, even then, were in .44 magnum ' make my day' territory whilst us over the pond were struggling to reach 12ft /lbs with German technology .

My Airsporter of the day ( Mk4 or Mk5 .22 was 10 ft/lbs on a ballistic pendulum) until I bought a S/H BSF B55 .177 from MAG and put an export spring in .

No matter how much money you had in 1977 ( I was 15) the top of the range was a FWB 124 / 127 ( £86) plus an Apel OPM and a Tasco 2-7 x 32 about £30.

How times have changed

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    Jeez, it doesn't matter what YOU think...

The Dictionary says it's a weapon.
    The Law says it's weapon.
    The general public know it's a weapon.
    Most sensible shooters know it's a weapon.

You can call it a pink blancmange for all I care - but the constant misbelief in the face of hard fact is a fool's paradise.

The Dictionary says it's a weapon.
    It doesn't.

Most sensible shooters know it's a weapon.
    They don't.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.