Thread: Bsa magnum 240

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    People are not comparing like for like at all though. Price has to have a bearing in a discussion like this. Would you compare a Gat pistol costing £10 new with an HW45 costing sixteen or eighteen times as much? Of course not. I dispute your power figures too, I have had three HW45s over the years, all in .177, and none of them were doing more than 4.5 ft/lbs, even though they were well lubricated. The power issue is a red herring anyway, I've had a BSA Scorpion that was more powerful than your HW45 figures, and Hy-Score pistols, BSA 240 Magums, numerous Webleys including Tempests a Premier, a Senior, a Mk1 and a nemesis or two, a Gamo pistol, a Record Champion and a Record Jumbo (just over 2 ft/lbs!) all doing less than those figures you quote, yet they were all more fun, more enjoyable and more satisfying to shoot than the HW45. It's enough for me that I find shooting my two BSA 240 magnums a lot more enjoyable and satisfing than shooting the one HW45 that I own. I've had no reliability problems from them at all and even with their shortcomings prefer them to the HW45. It's all down to personal preference.

Time to bow out on this one though, it's becoming a circular argument.
    Last edited by Rob M; 08-10-2013 at 12:29 PM.