Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Mercury-S for Sale

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

BSA Mercury-S for Sale

Can someone please buy el mapino's Merc-S TODAY as I am getting tempted.

That is all.

Are you trying to tell us that you havent got at least one Mercury S?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yes please buy it.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Are you trying to tell us that you havent got at least one Mercury S?

ATB
    Ian
    I had one, something that I carefully refinished, repaired and rebuilt, but which rewarded me with only 8 fpe, even after I tried all sorts of things. I sold it, very disappointed, only to later find out that it needed the Meteor 'O' ring to get rid of the power-robbing tightness of the piston.

Arrrgh the pain of indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I had one, something that I carefully refinished, repaired and rebuilt, but which rewarded me with only 8 fpe, even after I tried all sorts of things. I sold it, very disappointed, only to later find out that it needed the Meteor 'O' ring to get rid of the power-robbing tightness of the piston.

Arrrgh the pain of indecision.
    But now you know the secret of the Black Ring. Theres no excuse. You know its one of the best, if not THE best, break barrel rifle BSA ever produced. It oozes character and, dare I say, good build quality.

(No, Im not on commission.)

One of the better BSA models,i had a nice one in .177 only got a MKII now in .22.Go on treat yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    But now you know the secret of the Black Ring. Theres no excuse. You know its one of the best, if not THE best, break barrel rifle BSA ever produced. It oozes character and, dare I say, good build quality.

(No, Im not on commission.)
    agree

Aaagh. OK I am going to put it to a random thing, I am going to Asda now with the penny jar, if it makes over £40 then I will see if I can find the other money for it.

£67.80!

From an ice-cream tub's worth of old change. It is the 20-pences that did it, they are small but powerful coins.

And that is with the evil 10% they rob off it.

And without what is down the back of the sofa or on the floor of the rear of the Rover.

See you on the other thread, Asda made me do it ...

I love a happy ending.

£67.80!

From an ice-cream tub's worth of old change. It is the 20-pences that did it, they are small but powerful coins.

And that is with the evil 10% they rob off it.

And without what is down the back of the sofa or on the floor of the rear of the Rover.

See you on the other thread, Asda made me do it ...
    well done I do exactly the same
    my Mercurey is a series 1 in .177 and its one of my fave BSA

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    If I had had the money for it, I would have already bought it but alas I am too poor and already have a later Mercury and Challenger, so I can't really warrant another (but saying that you can never have enough and it is an "S").

But if in the future you decide too sell it, do let me know first old bean (you know our usual agreement and you still owe me a favour for that bargain priced Bigtoe 280 I sold you)

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 28-08-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    But if in the future you decide too sell it, do let me know first old bean (you know our usual agreement and you still owe me a favour for that bargain priced Bigtoe 280 I sold you)

Pete
    I'm surprised you would be after another Mercury, after the Curse of the Challenger and its spinning nuts. If I get bored with the 'S' I will certainly consider a swap for your Prosport .

BTW the Diana 'bigtoe01' 280K is on the For Sale board and has had no bites at all, which is peculiar as it is a very tweaked rifle...

I'm surprised you would be after another Mercury, after the Curse of the Challenger and its spinning nuts. If I get bored with the 'S' I will certainly consider a swap for your Prosport .

BTW the Diana 'bigtoe01' 280K is on the For Sale board and has had no bites at all, which is peculiar as it is a very tweaked rifle...
    You leave my Prosport out of this.

I thought you sold the 280 ages ago?

I just make sure the back block nut is tight now when ever I strip them, I've adapted a thin walled socket to fit now.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    You leave my Prosport out of this.

I thought you sold the 280 ages ago?

I just make sure the back block nut is tight now when ever I strip them, I've adapted a thin walled socket to fit now.

Pete
    I did, to frazier. He's been running it in and now wants to move it on.. The tale of the Challenger back block nut is a horror story, you should post it up. Not even BSA could fix it!

I did, to frazier. He's been running it in and now wants to move it on.. The tale of the Challenger back block nut is a horror story, you should post it up. Not even BSA could fix it!
    The whole friggin rifle was a horror story from the start, the piston buffer jammed on it as well and that took ages to get out.

Pete